Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedandlonely Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Best friend vs. her older brother
    Recently, my best friend and I went to a show at a bar. We both got drunk and I ended up making out with her older brother right in front of her. She was not very happy with me for doing that and she yelled at me in front of everyone at the bar multiple times. I know it's not an excuse but I was waay to drunk and I would never have been disrespectful like that if I were sober. I lied to her and said, "I'm not doing anything" just so she would quit yelling at me, but then she'd turn around and I'd be right back on him.
    I ended up leaving with him and not telling her (I didn't even realize we were going to leave) and then I lied to her on the phone and told her I was alone going home. Needless to say, she didn't believe me.
    Her brother and I ended up hooking up and I stayed at his place until about 4pm the next day.
    I got my friends text messages the next morning about how 'she knew I was lying and why was I ignoring her phone calls?'. I talked to my friend and told her I was sorry for what happened.
    BUT I hung out with him again the next day and innocently spent the night even though I knew she was mad about that night. I lied to her and told her nothing happened and that he had just dropped me off at home.
    I know this sounds horrible but she is still mad about me lying (she found out the whole truth later) and now she forbids me to even talk to him because it's 'inappropriate' and 'uncomfortable'. I was hoping she would get over me lying to her because it's completely out of character for me. I just enjoy her brother's company and would like to keep hanging out with him. BUT she is basically saying that if I'm a friend at all, I won't have anything to do with him. I don't think this is fair and it's gotten blown way out of proportion. I know that it's selfish to want to hang out with him but I can't understand why she can't get over that one night and realize that we are all adults and I just want to hang out with him.
    I know how this sounds. Any reasonable person would say to stay away from the brother and be a good friend but it's just not that easy. I think she is being immature and stubborn!
    PLEASE HELP!
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 07:41 PM
    So you like/love her brother, does he like/love you? If so bad luck for her-she needs to get over it.-honestly, it's not your problem-it's hers. Tell her this.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 02:24 AM
    No offense... but this whole thing sounds so high school.

You lied to your friend. That's VERY bad. There's a trust there that you're going to have to work very hard to get back. I think not seeing her brother for a while, especially since you're not interested in a serious relationship with him, is an apt punishment in the eyes of your friend.

See... she can't know you're REALLY sorry unless you do something to make up for it. Her terms to make up for it are that you put her before her brother.

If she's really your best friend--isn't that worth it?

Yes, she's acting immature--but you are and were too. Hooking up with her brother, lying about it, and then not understanding why she's so upset?

Good lord. Just let the brother go for now and work on salvaging your friendship. And stop lying to your friends. Drunk or not--that's a stupid thing to do.
    britster Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 03:42 PM
    I think she's acting very immature. I think she is jealous of you and her brother because she thinks it will be taking "time" away from you and her so she's going to make a big deal about it knowing its not really you and her brother being together that's the problem, but not being able to hang out with you as much as she wants to. I know from experience so if you really like/love her brother and he feels the same way.. ask "if u were a real friend you would see that I'm happy ad support me even though its your brother"
    o NitSuA o Posts: 47, Reputation: 0

May 13, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Don't chick have a saying "chicks before s"?? I'm a guy and I would say you should stick with that saying... relationships don't always last but true friends can last forever.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Girl!

Drunk and out of control... do you think this is the road to happiness or sexual bliss?

If you are "confused and lonely" the solution is to be your authentic, sensitive self meeting other wonderful people along the road of life. :) There are lots of them and even more hiding behind drugs and alcohol and phoney-ness...

Now, get with the program and unload to a good therapist. :)

Best wishes in 2008!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 14, 2008, 06:17 PM
    OP's Last Activity: Jan 9, 2008 12:16 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother? [ 12 Answers ]

It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings? I have no idea...

Marry older man?just a little older! [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: someone keep telling me that it is good for a girl marries a man who is a little older than her! Cause older man knows more how to take care of others,how to respect others... but for young men,what they care about is themselves only!Is that true?I was thinking about that for many...

Older brother that cares. [ 4 Answers ]

There is no category to show sibling questions so here I am. Hi, I have an ongoing situation within my family that I wish to cease. My two youngest brothers yell and scream at my mother at every chance, they berate and physically intimidate her & they have stolen off me for years. My mum is a...

My 8 year old is hitting her older sister and younger brother [ 18 Answers ]

Please help me, I am at my wits end with my 8 year old daughter. She had been hitting my 11 year old daughter. My oldest is watching the kids after school and this summer and the hitting has escalated and now she is hitting the 5 year old son. I have tried to reason with her, time out,...

I'm looking for my older brother and sisters. [ 3 Answers ]

The last time I saw Naomi, Caroline and Mani was at my fathers funeral, 20 years ago. I do think about them a lot especially now I'm older. I don't understand why they never stayed in touch, Naomi promised me she would stay in touch but never did. We had the same father but different Mum's....

View more questions Search