Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MyBffLovesMe Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 06:17 PM
    Is there a child care job for me?
    I'm almost 16 and I really love kids but in Oklahoma I'm not sure if you can work in a daycare. If anyone knows of any then please share.
    Meredith1978 Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

May 8, 2009, 08:04 AM

I am not sure what daycare policies are there, but even if you can't work in a daycare for whatever reason, try camp counsilor, or nanny. I got lucky when I was 16 and got to be a nanny at a summer camp for one of the counsilors. I had an awesome summer and got paid to hang out with a sweet little girl.

May 8, 2009, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith1978 View Post
    I am not sure what daycare policies are there, but even if you can't work in a daycare for whatever reason, try camp counsilor, or nanny. I got lucky when I was 16 and got to be a nanny at a summer camp for one of the counsilors. I had an awesome summer and got paid to hang out with a sweet little girl.
    Thank you
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 12:41 PM

Call a few childcare centers and ask. Usually you will be required to have some level of training... for example a certificate in early childhood education or development, or a certain number of college credits in early childhood education. You might at least be able to work as an assistant and learn what is expected, and how best to go about obtaining the training needed.

May 8, 2009, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Call a few childcare centers and ask. Usually you will be required to have some level of training...for example a certificate in early childhood education or development, or a certain number of college credits in early childhood education. You might at least be able to work as an assistant and learn what is expected, and how best to go about obtaining the training needed.
    Ok thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Care credit for non-child [ 5 Answers ]

Ok - my girlfriend and I have lived together for all of 2008. Her son was also with us all 365 days and I provided well over the 50% support. I will be claiming him as a non-child dependent this year. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot get the $1000 child credit for him correct? ...

Can we claim Child Care Expenses for child with ITIN? [ 1 Answers ]

We are on L1 visa, married and filing jointly. We would like to know if we can claim child care expenses ( day care) for our child who qualifies for a dependent child but does not have an SSN. We have been told that if the child has an ITIN we can only claim for the child care credit ( i.e 1000$)...

Child care benefits for non resident alien child? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a resident alien on a J1 while my wife and son are non resident aliens on a J2. My wife has a SSN while my son has an ITIN. They have lived with me the hole tax year. Can I claim child care benefits for my son? Thanks for all your help in advance, ...

Child care expense credit ffor a resident alien child with ITIN [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a resident alien on a J1 (do not get W2) while my husband is on J2 and gets W2. Can I claim child care expense credit for my resident alien son who has a ITIN? I was wondering this since I might not qualify for earned income but my husband income does, can we claim the child care expense...

View more questions Search