Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KAT16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 06:44 AM
    I want to dye my black hennaed hair blonde
    I have been dyeing my mid waist length hair black with henna for the last 2 years.
    I really want beautiful blonde hair as I feel the black hair does not suite me.
    I went to a professional salon who reluctantly agreed to help me.
    The stylist stripped my hair which came out a beautiful light colour about 1cm length from the roots the next 4cm came out an orange colour & next cm or 2 came out dark red, the rest stayed black.
    So I had them cut my hair to shoulder length(I really like long hair & was not willing to chop it all off).

Now my hair is slowly fading to a light red brown on top & streaks through my hair(been about a month) & the ends are staing black... about 25cm.

I would like to know if I could attempt to bleach it again at home as the last salon visit cost me A lot!

It seems that the henna did lift out of my hair, we just didn`t see it in the salon... its almost asthough the bits that were bleached have faded(they applied foils)

I really cannot afford another visit to the salon right now... my hair isgrowing out at the roots a dishwater blonde which then goes to a light red brown colour & then the black lengths!. Not cool!

I will never dye my hair black again & I certainly will NEVER use henna again!

Could I buy bleach & just apply it to my black lengthse & then dye over the orange(if it strips the colour!) with a brown?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 09:25 AM

Henna? You need to make sure henna is all out before bleaching as henna, itself, doesn't really bleach out. There is no product that is made to remove henna that I am familiar with. Mineral oil and a lot of elbow grease will get it out.

If your hair is dyed with something other than henna, you need to use ColorFix or a comparable color remover first.

Hair Color, Hair Care and The No More Bad Hair Days Kit by Robert Craig Salon Products, Ltd.
    Meredith1978 Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

May 7, 2009, 09:37 AM

I did this last year, it was a nightmare. I decided to go blonde (not quite from black) and I shopped around. I knew it should be done in a salon though I generally do my own... the first cost $90 (I have a lot of hair) so it was a good price. It was perfect at the end and bright florescant pumpkin orange at the top. It cost me $150 to fix it and I couldn't go blonde to do it but it was fixed.

Don't spare the expense, go someplace that will do it right. I'm pretty sure black to blonde has a tendency to green as well as orange.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural Blonde hair dyed BLACK.want blonde back [ 22 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and it looks horrible. I have natural blonde hair and I really want it back... can I just buy a box of the same colour as my natural hair and dye it back? Any suggestions?:confused:

Going from black hair to blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, About a month or so ago I dyed my hair jet black permanent with Garnier. It is now faded to an ugly dull dark brown, and I want to go bleach blonde again. I am definitley going to go to the salon to get my hair blonde (want to do blonde on top dark on bottom) but I wasn't sure if I...

BLonde-to-Black Hair [ 6 Answers ]

Okay you guys, we have a problem. Back about, oh, about 7 months ago I died my naturally blonde hair to pitchblack. So if anyone ahs any tips on how to get it out id be glad to hear them!!

Hair Disaster: blonde to blonde with violet red to black [ 13 Answers ]

Please help. I'm in tears, and have found no posts specific to my situation. I need a beauty professional. I have had a run of professional hair color disasters. I've done nothing myself. I'll lay it out. I am naturally a medium brown/auburn. I have been a wheat blonde with platinum...

Blonde hair to black? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I would like to dye my hair black, just to try a change of things, but I am a natural dirty blonde. Would I be able to get my hair back to its natural shade eventually? I've been told that it would never go back by some, and the opposite by others. Any help? Thanks a bunch!

View more questions Search