Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    im my own enemy Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Gunpowder Illegal?
    I’m from Idaho and was looking at title 18 section 33 of the Idaho statutes, the working to me is a little confusing. The part I was looking at says…

18-3311.Keeping gunpowder or other explosives in towns. Every person who makes or keeps gunpowder, nitroglycerin, or other highly explosive substance, within any city of town, or who carries the same through the streets thereof, in any quantity or manner, prohibited by law, or by any ordinance of such city or town, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

I reload my ammo so I don’t have to buy new shells, and to reload ammo I would have course need gunpowder. Is this saying I cannot store gunpowder in my home?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2009, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by im my own enemy View Post
    I’m from Idaho and was looking at title 18 section 33 of the Idaho statutes, the working to me is a little confusing. The part I was looking at says…

18-3311.Keeping gunpowder or other explosives in towns. Every person who makes or keeps gunpowder, nitroglycerin, or other highly explosive substance, within any city of town, or who carries the same through the streets thereof, in any quantity or manner, prohibited by law, or by any ordinance of such city or town, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

I reload my ammo so I don’t have to buy new shells, and to reload ammo I would of course need gunpowder. Is this saying I cannot store gunpowder in my home?

You need more of the Law - what quantity and/or manner are prohibited by law or ordinance of any specific city or town?

This section merely refers you to the Town/City and the Town or City's laws.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 06:53 AM

This is the issue not having it, but how much you have to have.

Since obviously the store you buy it from has it in "town"

There is a limit by the number of pounds of the varioious amounts.

If you are keeping 100 lbs? Or are you keeping 2 or 3 pounds
    rifleman1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by im my own enemy View Post

I reload my ammo so I don’t have to buy new shells, and to reload ammo I would of course need gunpowder. Is this saying I cannot store gunpowder in my home?
    rifleman1-i live in Texas and donot know Idaho law,but as far as I know the storage of small amounts of gunpowder for personal use,is not against the law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Not Sure If This Is Illegal Or Not [ 1 Answers ]

Ok. So I'm 15 (16 next year) and I was thinking of moving out, on my own, once I finished school because I was thinking of moving from Wolverhampton to Liverpool. But if I do I am moving alone. Firstly, would a 16 year old girl be OK on her own in Liverpool? Secondly, is it iilegal for me...

Is it illegal. [ 25 Answers ]

Is it illegal to make a poster with someone's picture on it, and the word "whore"? I'm asking for a friend, she has on going issues with a girl and wants to do this out of revenge but doesn't know if it's illegal, or if she'd get caught etc.etc... lol all answers would be great. :D Ps I told her...

Is what I am about to do illegal? [ 18 Answers ]

My roommate and I have a dilemma. My current roommate and I have been on the lease since the beginning, and our friend moved in with us, but never got around to getting on the lease, she was afraid her credit was too bad. In August she lent her rent money to a friend of hers on rent day, and...

Is it illegal? [ 11 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old girl, soon to be 17. The guy that I like says that he won't date me because it is illegal, because he just turned 19. Is it? Do you think it is just an excuse, a way to let me down easy? ?? (I live in cali if that means anything)

Is this illegal? [ 2 Answers ]

Well its march and I'm 14 and he is 17 but turning 18 in June and I don't turn 15 until February. We both like each other a lot! He treats me so well. He would never try to do anything, like sexual. I have asked him many times if he would ever try anything and he said no cause I'm too young. But...

View more questions Search