Do married men having affairs love their mistresses?

Asked Apr 16, 2007, 09:52 PM — 25 Answers
    Kjkjkjkjk

Last edited by michelejoyce; Apr 16, 2007 at 09:58 PM.
    Poggle's Avatar
    Poggle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#2

Apr 16, 2007, 10:11 PM
    I am not having an affair, I love my wife, but I would say from past experience, that yes, a man can definitely love more than one woman at the same time. Sucks maybe, but true.
    michelejoyce's Avatar
    michelejoyce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

#3

Apr 16, 2007, 10:13 PM
    That is what I was afraid of
    JoeCanada76's Avatar
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,667, Reputation: 1706

#4

Apr 17, 2007, 01:05 AM
    Why what is your personal situation. Is your husband or boyfriend cheating on you. If so, it is time to drop the sack of dirt and move on.

Joe
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 75,733, Reputation: 7219

#5

Apr 17, 2007, 05:37 AM

Normally no, normally they are looking to build up some of their own ego, or just bored with the same old sex. There is that 1 in 100 that do leave their wife ( or more often their wife kicks them out when they find out) but most will dump the girlfriend on the side if it risks their marriage.
    Krs's Avatar
    Krs Posts: 2,885, Reputation: 319

#6

Apr 17, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Is there more to this question?
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 47,095, Reputation: 10293
    Senior Family & People Expert

#7

Apr 17, 2007, 05:47 AM

I imagine that they do love their mistress on some level, but its not a healthy love if you really look at it. If it was would it cause all that misery and pain??
    shygrneyzs's Avatar
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936

#8

Apr 17, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Do married love their mistresses? They call it love and it can be a type of love - but is it the marrying kind of love? Must not be, or the woman would not be a mistress any more, but a new wife.
    Krs's Avatar
    Krs Posts: 2,885, Reputation: 319

#9

Apr 17, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I imagine that they do love their mistress on some level, but its not a healthy love if you really look at it. If it was would it cause all that misery and pain????
    Couldn't spread the love as I agree with you a lot about not a healthy love, its also a very selfish kind of love if you tell me.
    Capuchin's Avatar
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 655

#10

Apr 17, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Poggle
    Doesn't make sense to me. If the man loves 2 women, a wife and a mistress, then he is hurting the wife intentionly, and therefore he cannot really love her... It goes against the definition of love that I choose to use. You can only love 1 woman if you truly love them (unless there is some sort of mutual arrangement where neither woman is hurt).

Married but still in love w/ex [ 46 Answers ]

I have been married almost 6 years. I have 2 children w/ this man and we have developed a pretty good life together. He's a good guy, although we are missing something very important from our marriage... emotional intimacy! Along with this I have never gotten over someone from my past. I knew I...

Married and in love with another [ 24 Answers ]

I've been married almost 31 years. Children raised and on their own. Grandchildren now. Over the years, I've had many affairs. Actually thought that part of my life was over and it was time to accept I was getting older and accept where my life had led me. Then I met a co-worker face to...

I am in love with 2 men, 1 is getting married and I am married to the other [ 12 Answers ]

Never ever thought I would be posting a question on a site - but life got me here:rolleyes: I am a happily married woman - happily married if you remove the sex out of marriage. My partner was never very interested in sex and that was something I had comfortably accepted. We lived happily for...

Married and love [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a married man with 2 children. I met a teen girl when she was 18 and I was 23, it was 17 years ago. I fell in love with her and she also did. She has married for 7 years and I have married for 14 years, she is also with 2 children now. To be honest, I didn't forget her for the...

How come single men fall for emtional games from single women but not married ones? [ 75 Answers ]

Okay this was brought up in another post by Wildcat. I didn’t want to take away from the original poster but this has been on my mind all day and I just want to get some other feedback on it. The OP was a mistress and as WC points out we’ve been seeing a lot of that here lately. Here’s what WC...