Hi everyone,

I am a young manager who currently over sees 9 locations. I hired a new site manager, who is older than myself. Everything was going great, but lately she seems to be very disrespectful. When I ask her to do something, she has a smart remark. Recently she requested overtime, which I was not able to approve. I suggested a method which would allow her to complete the tasks in less time. I also offered to come to the facility and assist her with these tasks to help control labor hours. Her response was shocking:

"Well then I guess you will be doing it, if your worried about hours!! I could possibly have everything ready on friday, but it better not interfear with what i already have to do, that stuff comes first!"

WOW. How do you respond to this? How do I gain respect from people who only see my age?