Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jun 4, 2010, 09:16 PM
    10 Day Old Tattoo Swelling
    Hi, I got a lotus flower tattooed on my foot about 10 days ago now. It was doing great, no pain or swelling really.

I work full time as a vet tech so I'm on my feet all day in closed shoes. I had two days after the tattoo to keep it breathing and then when I was at work I wouldn't put on my tennies until I walked in.

At lunch I would wash it, Aquaphor it, let it breathe for a while, and then change my sock before I went back to work.

Then, when I got off, I would immediately remove my shoes, wash my tat, and aquaphor it.

It has done awesome except yesterday, I noticed some swelling near the bottom of my tattoo that looked like a giant vein.

I've started up exercising again and I've run two miles the last two nights and I've also stopped babying my foot quite THAT much the last two days.

Tonight the swelling is even worse. It's not very red (or at least it wasn't until I got freaked out and started messing with it) and it's not oozing or losing color or anything.

AH! AND I DID PUT SUNBLOCK ON IT!

So what's the verdict? Possibly infected or just irritated and mistreated?

Check out some similar questions!

Inner thigh swelling [ 5 Answers ]

It's like a big red swollen spot by my pantyline.. very painful and itchy.. can't call doctor till Monday.. could it be serious?

Vagina swelling [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had sex last night.. the forplay was pretty rough then leading to sex. I then noticed this morning that my left vagina lip was swollen.. it hurts pretty bad, Its not anything to o with latex we didn't use a condom.. can someone help me with why this happened?

Extreme swelling [ 2 Answers ]

Is it normal for a 9 day old cartilage piercing to be very swollen?

Swelling [ 2 Answers ]

I have swelling and fluid build-up in my groin area is this something to worry about? I've been to doctors they don't anythings wrong. I'm hurting. Is there something else to try?

How do I get my swelling to go down [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got in a car accident sat. night and I had to go into the er and get stitches all over the inside and outside of my mouth. My question is I am really swelled up and was wondering what I can do to get the swelling to go down other that ice, and I think my cuts are already infected what can I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search