Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    subbylove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 07:33 PM
    I want a tattoo and know exactly what I want
    I want a small infinity symbol on my left foot above my heel if but not a lighting bolt an infinity symbol ) but here is the dilemma terrified of needles and will freak out and or cry and or hyperventilate it is a no joke phobia but getting this tattoo will help me say to myself and others that I can do anything which also relates to my life! I'm just wondering how long you think it would take or if a regular tattoo artist would be willing to put up with me lol I absolutely want this is just putting aside the fear and getting it done that I'm having problems with I know I absolutely want it and that's not the question its putting aside the fear to do so... thoughts?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 07:45 PM

I deleted your link, it was not working anyway,

But go in, get an estimate on time and money, but a good artist will work with you, ( that is part of the cost of getting it done.)

So don't watchit being done, it is not like a doctors needle anyway.

Assuming you are of legal age for it, go for it
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Mar 26, 2012, 03:35 PM
    It doesn't feel like a needle-feels kind of like a cat scratch. Eat about 20 minutes before you go so you don't pass out. Take music. Distract yourself. Talk to the artist. BREATHE. Also, ask the artist to do a blood line first-go over with the needle with no ink first. That way if the sensation is just TOO MUCH you can back out without an awkward line on your foot. I got my first tattoo on my foot and I will say that it is most painful at the ankle and the boney areas around it. If it's tiny and one color it shouldn't be too bad rather than a large heavily shaded piece. Regardless, you get used to it, it's over in a pinch and hopefully you get a great piece of art for life!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Depending on how small is small and whether you want color, it will probably take the artist very little time. Less than 30 minutes. Also the above poster is right, the machine does not look like a needle, and it sounds like a battery powered toothbrush. It feels like scratching a sun burn.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Whoops, just realized this was an old post, from Oct. 10. I doubt the OP is still with us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which would be a better tattoo? [ 1 Answers ]

So, I want to get a tattoo to represent my 2 children. I love Jasmine Becketts artwork and so I have 2 pics that I love, I'm just not sure which I prefer. I was hoping you guys could weigh in. As you can see from my pic, my kids are far apart in age, so a female fairy protecting the baby dragon is...

My first tattoo [ 11 Answers ]

I keep getting such mixed up and opposing information and advice. So I wanted to see if I could get an experts opinion. I got my first tattoo. Its not very big. About the size of half a dollar bill (not a half dollar coin, the bill cut in half) its above my breast, but up close to the shoulder...

My tattoo [ 5 Answers ]

I want to get the words "beautiful girl" tatooed but I want it translated into sanskrit... anyone know?:confused:

New Tattoo [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm thinking of gettting a new tattoo on my trip to the US in a couple of weeks. My question is I'm a tad hairy on my back(I know a turn off to some girls)but that's me. I would like to know if I get a tattoo then have laser hair removal whether that will affect the tattoo? It's...

View more questions Search