Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FriendlyFlower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 07:10 PM
    I feel horrible
    I've been feeling miserable these past two weeks. I find myself getting very frustrated and my emotions feel all over the place. Nothing major has happened to really bring this about. Well, a lot has been going on... but nothing that's "end of the world".
    I feel like I've been doing too much thinking and it just overwelms me. I've been doing a lot of sleeping. I'm a full time college student and I work a part time night shift job. When I'm not working or at class I just want to sleep and sleep and sleep. I'm scared I'm getting too much sleep which is unhealthy and I know it's not good to just want to stay in bed all the time.
    I don't want to go into detail with everything because that would just take forever. My frustrations stem from issues with school, career, money (bigtime!), social life (I pretty much don't have one while at school) and my relationship w/ my boyfriend. I don't like to talk about the way I've been feeling. I just put a smile on my face and pretend like everythings okay. I don't like bringing this up to close friends, my mom, sister or even my boyfriend. It makes me feel like I'm complaining or that I have some kind of emotional issues and I hate that. I don't like communicating these feelings to people.
    Every time I wake up I tell myself I am going to be happy today, but it never really happens. I try, but it just doesn't work out that way. Some days I don't have any overly frustrating moments, but I find myself in more of a glum mood instead. Some times at random moments I break down into tears.
    One thing that makes me happy is my boyfriend. When I find myself crying or getting frustrated I wish I could just be with him. But due to distance we can't see each other much. Usually just on the weekend or every other weekend. The past two weeks he's been working more hours. He told me that's his main focus in life right now. We're barely even talking that much anymore, and he's always busy or tired and I feel like I'm losing him. Our relationship is sort of relaxed because of the distance. I have school to worry about and he might be starting a business. We know eventually our roads are going to take us in two different directions so we're more so just hanging out. I feel what we have is almost perfect in a way for what we both need in our lives now. But now it feels like its suddenly fading really fast and I don't want it to end yet and I think that's causing some of these emotional problems as well.

Is this something I should seek help for or should is it just a passing thing?
    jrl0222 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 10:12 PM
    Well now, from all the stressors you have listed, I wouldn't rule out some form of depression, especially if it's been going on for more than a couple of weeks. However, only a doctor can determine this for sure. If I were you, I would get this checked out. Not doing anything is not the answer, In my opinion.
    courtneylynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 11:12 AM

(: I've been feeling the same,.

Life has been a little hectic lately, your not alone

Asking a doctor never hurts
    But the best way tom be happy is doing things you love(:
    It makes you feel better..

Plus doing things with your boyfriend as much as possible helps reconnect..

Don't be clingy though lol
    Just act happy when your with him then he will return the favor lol
    COCADA Posts: 65, Reputation: 8

Jul 14, 2009, 11:41 PM
    I was going through the same thing, same situation with school full time, work full time no money to pay for school, all family in another country, all friends in another country and seeing my long distance boyfriend (ex now) everyothe weekend because of his work , I had it really hard, and I just felt like crying for no reason, and sad, I think that me going through all of that together made insecure and less confident on myself and that was one of the reasons my ex broke up with me, because I blamed him of cheating on me when he was being totally faithful. I'm still goiing through a rough time, even more now that I lost my best friend (my boyfriend) this was 5 months ago.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 16, 2009, 09:27 PM

From what you've been saying, there are multiple stressors in your life, and it's overwhelming you. Hyperinsomnia (the act of sleeping all the time) and random crying spells are signs of depression, as well as an overall "glum" feeling that's persistent.

I would definitely see a doctor if you don't see an improvement soon.

And keep in mind that talking your feelings out with someone isn't complaining: we all need someone to listen to us sometimes. Don't feel bad about it; think of all the people that have talked to you about problems and it didn't bother you! It won't bother them either, especially if they love and care for you.

Good luck.
    SafeHeart Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 01:27 PM

First, I suggest ruling out any medical conditions by seeing the doc. Then, if you are OK, I suggest you sit down and make a list of "your needs" and how to get them fulfilled. If you do not know what your needs are or whether they are being met or not, then this could be causing you to feel the way you do.
    iamthere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2012, 04:43 PM
    You know what as much as you say that you don't want to talk to some one close I am going to disagree on that because family know you the most. Try having more time with your boyfriend since it seems lie he makes you fell happy. The reason why your sleeping a lot and crying for no reason is probably because your stressed.
    Again talking to some one takes of a load of your shoulders. I that really doesn't help try change your envirment a little call some friends and go out or do something it elps you get your mind of things and relaxed enough to realize that everything is going to be all right and that helps you go back to your regular life. BUt communication is your medicine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

I broke up with my boyfriend today and feel horrible [ 20 Answers ]

Hey guys, My boyfriend and I have been having problems lately and I finally broke up with him today. He has so many problems and issues that it is making it impossible for me to be with him, he is bringing me down with him.. He has an addictive personality and that was what ruined the...

View more questions Search