Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikenpeg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 03:06 AM
    Judgements in Texas
    Recently a court ruled on a new order reducing my child support and ruled any arreages were free and clear. The local Texas Attorney General's office created a lien on these cleared arreages. They then withdrew the lien, and submitted a judgement on these arreages asking me to sign this judgement. This is termed as a supplement to the agreed court order. Can the local Texas AG legally require me to sign a judgement on an amount that has already been paid and ruled as "cleared" by the court? If not, what is my recourse with this local AG office?
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Aug 3, 2009, 03:16 AM

Typically in Texas that happens because the counties got their wires crossed. (At least this has been my personal experience dealing with the court system.)

I do not know for sure if they can do this to you, but I would suggest taking your paperwork to the AG that shows the court ruling and cleared lien. Hopefully that can solve your issue. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texas judgements [ 3 Answers ]

I went to civil court about a doctor bill which came about on a wreck, I was paying the bill the best I could every month, the judge sided with the doctor clerk, and I got a judgement , for the entire bill, I was paying on it and the judge did not take in what I had already paid, what can this...

I lived in NY and NJ and Texas, I lived in Texas for longest period. More background: [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have several questions regarding how taxes were taken out of my paycheck. First some background: A) I lived in NYC from July 14 - October 5 (Just short of 3 Months) B) I lived Jersey City, NJ from October 5 - November 7 (1 Month) C) I lived in Fishkill, NY from November 7 -...

Texas Judgements & Homesteads [ 1 Answers ]

Bank filed & recd judgement in 1989 or early 1990 for a 1986 transaction. Original bank no longer exists. The bank changed owners and name in 1996. The only thing I have is my homestead, can they collect after this length of time if I sell or die and leave it to my children?

Judgements in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

My Question: I have received 3 letters saying three different judgements for unpaid credit card debt , has been placed . I would like to know what can they do to me ? I own my home with a little equity in it ? But been told I live in Texas they can't touch that . (`Was I told wrong?...

View more questions Search