Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thumperdsh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Toshiba Satellite CD-ROM Failure
    I have a Toshiba Satellite M35-S320 and the CD-Rom player went bad. I ordered a refurbished unit and went to install. It won't recognize and won't boot unless I insert the old drive. I have been going back & forth with the vendor, but I don't understand his instructions. He told me to remove the HDD & see if it is a "master/slave" setup?? I don't see any dip switches on HDD, but I'm not familiar with bios & master/slave ide device setup. I figured it would be plug & play. Please advise.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 22, 2007, 10:12 AM
    The ide interface supports up to two devices.

The first device needs to be Master, the second device needs to be slave.

The Hard drive should be master. Have you check for dip switches on the cd-rom? Set the cd-rom to be slave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Satellite M105-S322 Bios Password [ 1 Answers ]

Older woman retired and living in Mexico. 4.5 months ago, during a visit to the US I bought a Toshiba Satellite M105-S322 laptop for my husband. Did not take the time to go out and search for updates. He uses it for hours every day. Last week he turned it on and got a checksum error. There were...

Toshiba Satellite A40 keeps overheating & crashing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've a Toshiba Satellite A40 and it keeps overheating even when I'm only running one program. The fan runs like crazy and it keeps shutting down. From some of the articles I read, it has something to do with the location of the fan and how dust is trapped inside. Is this true? I tried using...

Help me with my toshiba satellite laptop cd rom drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm having problems with me cd rom drive. I have a toshiba satellite laptop. The cd drive plays data discs, but when I use it to play audio cd's, it plays them in slow motion. I've tried using different programs for running my audio cd's but the result is still the same- music played in...

Toshiba Satellite Pro Sound Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 laptop. The sound works fine through earphones or external speakers but here is no sound coming from the built in Titanium speakers. I've heard somewhere that this may due to a joint breaking on the headset jack socket, can anyone shed any...

View more questions Search