Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vwyss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Laptop keys
    Any one know how to make the keys on the laptop work so you can type on it it's a toshiba satellite a105-s2716
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2007, 12:18 PM
    What happens when you try to type? What's not working?

The Introductions forum is for introducing yourself, not asking questions. So I've requested your querstion be moved to an appropriate forum.
    dfghjk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vwyss
    Any one know how to make the keys on the laptop work so you can type on it its a toshiba satelite a105-s2716
    As you have no answers, I may suggest a very brutal method.
    The reason your keyboard don't work can probably be anything from BIOS failure and some hardware failure, to some trouble with your harddisk, or only a broken driver file for the keyboard. But if it's possible and you do not loose too much value on your harddisk, try boot on your Operating system disk, do a full formatting of the harddisk and install your operating system again. If the keyboard do not work then, you may be schould update your BIOS, but that can be impossible if the keyboard do not work. May be you can get a new BIOS-chip and let some one replace it, if it is placed in a socket. If that do not work... :-(

Regards
    dfghjk
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dfghjk
    As you have no answers, I may suggest a very brutal method.
    The reason your keyboard don't work can probably be anything from BIOS failure and some hardware failure, to some trouble with your harddisk, or only a broken driver file for the keyboard. But if it's possible and you do not loose to much value on your harddisk, try boot on your Operating system disk, do a full formatting of the harddisk and install your operating system again. If the keyboard do not work then, you may be schould update your BIOS, but that can be impossible if the keyboard do not work. May be you can get a new BIOS-chip and let some one replace it, if it is placed in a socket. If that do not work.....:-(

Regards
    dfghjk
    I would not follow this advice at this point. Until you give us details of the problem any speculation about a solution is premature. Especially so drastic a solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Ctrl keys aren't working on laptop keyboard [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am at a loss on how to get my ctrl keys working again. It is on a laptop keyboard and I'm not sure if they're broken, or locked, or what. Please help!

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

I need the gen keys to... [ 1 Answers ]

I ask of how I will be able to decode my cell fone motorala v350 and I guess there is nothing crimal about this even I had a site which provided me all the gen keys but now I can not trace that site any more and a friend told me about this site which I may ask my questions and receive my answers...

Unlock laptop keys [ 4 Answers ]

Some keys on my toshiba laptop are locked, how do I unlock them?

View more questions Search