Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ramish Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 03:05 AM
    IBM ThinkPad T60
    Hi All;

I have got an IBM ThinkPad T60 Laptop with Windows XP (SP2) installed.
    The problem I have is when my laptop goes on StandBy or Hibernet Mode, then recalling it from that state, the Keyboard & Mouse stops functioning and I need to restart it or shut it down to resolve this problem.

This doesn't happen every time when it goes on standby or hibernet, but sometimes.

I have checked the drivers for mouse & keyboard and I have also visited the IBM website if there is something I can do, but no LUCK!

The Windows I have is a Licensed one for a big organization and all other software installed are licensed and are LEGAL (Not Pirated or illegal ones)

Please forward me any feedback & information you can
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2007, 03:20 AM
    You can disable the use of Hibernate:
    Hibernate and Standby | Windows XP Power Scheme

But since the laptop belongs to a corporate environment I would use your company's tech support before you do anything at all.
    williamf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 08:45 AM
    I have a T60P... Lenovo (owns Thinkpad brand) has the Thinkvantage update utility which updates your bios, drivers etc... Its what I use when the laptop is acting weird (vs windows acting weird)... you might want to connect, get the latest HW updates, then see if you are still getting the same problem. Visit: Lenovo - Innovation - ThinkVantage Downloads
    Get the productivity center, make sure you get the system update.. and use that.

And yes.. checking your IT help desk is probbaly not a bad option either :-)

Good luck.. Will

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IBM ThinkPad T60 Model Laptop In Ethiopia Tigray [ 2 Answers ]

I have an IBM ThinkPad T60 Model Laptop. When I format the Hard Disk & Install a New Window Xp Service Pack 1 It can't Detect the driver for example Modem,Nic Sound etc. How can I get the drivers from the Intenet. Please Help me

Ibm thinkpad 390x 2626 lou [ 2 Answers ]

When I look for replacement parts it never shows LOU everything else. Does this exist, phased out or is their a replacement?

IBM Thinkpad [ 2 Answers ]

Couple questions... I have a PIII IBM thinkpad laptop. It turns on the lights turn on I can hear the HDD and cdrom running but no image comes on the screen. I am almost sure it is the motherboard. But some are talking about a video sub card. I am fairly new to laptops soooo is this just a fancy...

I need help with opening a 390x ibm thinkpad laptop [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: If anyone has a manual that has the instructions on how to open or as they call it I think disassemble a IBM thinkpad 390x 2626 I would appreciate a copy of just this section please... I have taken the screws out of the back and popped the top but it will not go past halfway it appears...

Ibm Thinkpad Graphics [ 1 Answers ]

**DRIVING ME NUTS** ibm thinkpad 600e; windows 98se; when you fire up machine, you suffer v. poor graphics & if you right-click empty area of screen & select properties, it doesn't allow you to move the slider bar to adjust screen size, & only 2 colours are available, 16or black & white!! Have...

View more questions Search