Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lydiabrain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 10:25 AM
    Can anyone translate whole sentences into sanskrit?
    I would like to get a tattoo, saying " first love leaves a mark that lasts a lifetime, "
    Or anything similar, I understand it is very difficult to get an accurate translation, so any translation with a similar meaning will be very helpful, such as first "love leaves the deepest mark," etc. I like the way sanskrit looks in tattoos, and also that only I will understand the meaning and it cannot be easily read, if anyone can offer a translation, I would be very grateful
    Thank you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lydiabrain View Post
    I would like to get a tattoo, saying " first love leaves a mark that lasts a lifetime, "
    or anything similar, i understand it is very difficult to get an accurate translation, so any translation with a similar meaning will be very helpful, such as first "love leaves the deepest mark," etc. i like the way sanskrit looks in tattoos, and also that only i will understand the meaning and it cannot be easily read, if anyone can offer a translation, i would be very grateful
    thank you
    Your best bet is to find someone from India who can read and write Sanskrit, a very ancient language. In order to do that, go to your public library and talk with a reference librarian. Indian women are becoming more and more visible in libraries, especially in university and public ones. (I worked with two.) The reference librarian may know of someone or can find someone who works in a library, and that person might be willing to help you. The reference librarian can also give you the locations of area Hindi temples and other gathering places.
    lydiabrain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 10:51 AM
    Thank you very much
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 10:58 AM
    My Indian coworker had laughed at the online Sanskrit translations, wondering why people would tattoo gibberish onto their skins. She also mentioned that, since Sanskrit is so ancient, many modern words do not translate well into Sanskrit. You need someone who knows Sanskrit well if you want to be correct. If you don't really care what the tattoo writing says, and since no one else can read it, you might as well put gibberish onto your body.
    drkpp Posts: 670, Reputation: 21

Jun 24, 2010, 04:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lydiabrain View Post
    or anything similar, i understand it is very difficult to get an accurate translation, so any translation with a similar meaning will be very helpful, such as first "love leaves the deepest mark," etc. i like the way sanskrit looks in tattoos, and also that only i will understand the meaning and it cannot be easily read, if anyone can offer a translation, i would be very grateful
    thank you
    Please tell me the exact intended meaning of this sentence
    So that I can translate it accurately.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2010, 10:51 PM
    Hi, lydiabrain!

drkpp is a recognized Expert at the kind of translating that you want!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to translate english words into french sentences [ 2 Answers ]

I am english speaking but my son in in french no clue about how to translate thanks Here are the words to be put into proper sentence form Ton Toi Vais

Can anyone translate this to Sanskrit for me? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone would be able to translate this for me. My pain is my strength My love is my courage My art is my freedom With the date 05/24/91

Same sentences but in sanskrit symbols [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm sorry I meant in sanskrit symbols? :S

Translate word expressions and sentences into algebraic expressions and equations. [ 2 Answers ]

A number increased by 5 8 subtraced from a number A number divided by 9 3 less than five times a number A number multiplied by 12 is 84

I need to translate these sentences into French, help! [ 8 Answers ]

I need to have these sentences translated: -Natalie was born in Paris. -We see something. -Julie isn't meeting anyone. -Someone is right. -We want some ice cream. -I can drink some soda. -We're taking a pound of strawberries. -They have to learn French.

View more questions Search