Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedcalchelp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Calculus: Which of the following statements are true?
    Let f(x)=3 - |(x^2)-4| . Which of the following statements are true?

A. the limit as x approaches 2 from the right does not exists
    B. f is differentiable at x = -2
    C. f '(0) = 0
    D. f '(1) = -2
    E. f '(-1) = 2
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Did you give it a go? Graph the function and look at x=-2 and x=2. Is it differentiable there? For the last three, all you have to do is differentiate and plug in what they give you and see if you get that answer.

Look at the graph, what does it approach as x appraoches 2 from the right?
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

True or Not True about Breast Cancer and plastic bottle water in left a car [ 8 Answers ]

I had this conversation with one of my co-works today regarding Breast Cancer. She told me that you women can get breast cancer by bottle water left in a car. I don't believe it. Is there anyone who can answer this question please?

Calculus [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find the domain of a logarithmic function... you don't have to give me the answer but the problem is : y=log(2X-12) thanks =)

Which one of the statements is true [ 3 Answers ]

-about stationary waves and why(my book doesn't help here) 1.particles between adjacent nodes all have the same amplitude 2. particles between adjacent nodes are out of phase with each other 3. particles immediately on either side of a node are moving in opposite directions 4.there is a...

Calculus [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in a calculus course and I was wondering how to do implicit differentiation. For example: x^2 + 2xy -y^2 + x = 2 at the point (1,2)

View more questions Search