Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tip0057 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Second laptop connection
    Hi
    How do I connect a second laptop to my linksys router I have desktop and 1 laptop already connected but please tell me if I can hook up another laptop to it.I also have a dsl modem.
    Thank you
    tip0057
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Check to see if there are anymore open ports on the back of the router if there is then run a cat5 cable (the kind of cables coming from the router) to your computer. If it doesn't connect then normally re setting the router will make it work... push the reset button (if there is one) and turn it off for 3 min then turn back on... hope this help... im not the greatest tech guy out here :\

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Replacing a laptop screen - size and connection etc [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an Advent 7082 laptop which I got last Christmas; recently I’ve had a screen problem with, however it has run out of guarantee! Typical! Basically the screen has picture has gone, however is you bend the top in a certain position it works perfectly as if there were nothing wrong...

Changing USB connection to ethernet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a belkin wireless G router which doesn't work with my ntl broadband it got something to do with changing the USB connetion to ethernet can someone tell me how Please! Thank you

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Laptop Modem Connection [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to connect a laptop to a cable modem through a desktop CPU to avoid running another separate network cable from the modem itself ? I want to be able to go online and use the laptop as a second monitor without running another cable.Any info you could give me will be greatly...

View more questions Search