Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellebellechelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 06:44 PM
    Can my husand get fired for being really ill?
    My husband was in ICU in a drug induced coma for 3 weeks. He ended up with ICU Neoupathy and is unable to move. He is in a rehap Fac. For ventilation, wound care and because he can't feel anything below his waist. No he has been with the company over a year and we have applied for SSI and Disability. He has used up all his FMLA. Can they still terminated him knowing this is something that he can not control and it's a illness that has no time line of when he will be getting better. It all depends on his body.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 08:43 PM

Yes, if he has no leave time left, and the company has no disabiltiy policy to pay him for disability. They may rehire of course if he gets better,

If there was a time frame to return ( if he ever can) could he do the job he was doing with his injurty? Not now, and no promice he could.

But he is not working, he would be getting no pay anyway, FMLA is not paid, so what difference does getting fired really make.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fired from job because I was very ill in ICU [ 4 Answers ]

I was just fired from my job today because I was in the Emergency Room and ICU in the hospital all of last week, returned to work today and the manager said I was terminated last week for excessive absences. I was unable to call my workplace nor did I have access to their number, so asked my mother...

Can you be fired for having chron's disease? I am afraid I am going to be fired, [ 4 Answers ]

I have worked for a company for 18 years. I was diagnosed with Chron's Disease 5 years ago and sometimes I get really sick and have to be hospitilized and now they think I should be fired and it really gets me. Is that lawful?? :mad:

Should I tell him that I am very ill [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend of two years broke up with me 9 days ago. He says he loves me and is in love with me but he is in a place in his life that he likes. He talked about marriage but did not want to get married. He said he wanted to live together first. We made plans to do this. Decided where to live and...

Not fired, then fired, after boss was beat [ 6 Answers ]

I was called in the office and confronted about time differences on the time sheet. I had to wait for a customer to get home that morning, (30 min.). I called the office and informed them. So I added 15 extra minutes to my time. I was told that I couldn't do that. I asked was I being fired for it...

View more questions Search