Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madeinhell Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Can anyone recommend a decent mobo
    I'm looking for a new motherboard for my computer as the gateway one that I have just now simply isn't good enough and is fussy with ram. I'm looking for one that can hold 2gb-8gb ram and can be either intel or amd. I was thinking of the asus commando board but I'm unsue of it.;) ;)
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 9, 2007, 11:06 AM
    If cost is not an issue, there are good reviews on the Commando board. You might want to look at the Asus Striker, and also the Asus P5N32-SLI Plus.

If you want fast, buy a board that supports Intel's Core 2 Duos. If you want lower cost and almost as fast, look for AMD. Google the reviews, there are tons of them out there.

If you can wait longer, new CPU's will be out, and the previous generation should be lower priced.

If your Gateway is using newer technology such as DDR2 and perhaps Intel Socket 775 or AMD AM2, you can reuse your existing RAM and CPU by buying a compatible board.

The other parts that can be reused are generic items such as hard drives, dvd drives, keyboards, mouse, etc.
    carlo_scute Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2007, 12:14 AM
    Asus, Dfi are good brands
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 18, 2007, 12:35 AM
    I have the Nvidia 680i from EVGA, the feature set is impressive, and it hasn't let me down yet (got it at xmas).

I can recommend it if that helps :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a decent clamp meter [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking to buy a decent clamp meter. In case I'm using the wrong term, here's a picture of what I'm referring to: http://www.globalspec.com/NpaPics/31/90923_031020041314_ExhibitPic.jpg The thing is, I'm kind of confused by all the choices out there. I'm looking to spend a maximum...

Some decent image edits [ 2 Answers ]

I get junk every day... only a rare few are worth passing along...

Recommend a decent, inexpensive brand of furnace & A/C [ 10 Answers ]

I am fixing up a house that is requiring way more work that I first thought (due to water intrusion, pets, etc.) and need to replace the entire heating and cooling system. I want a decent lower-end system - something that may not have all the features of the higher-end units, but something that...

View more questions Search