Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayybee17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Will she grow?
    When my daughter was 11, she lost a lot of weight, became very skinny, and was obsessed with food and exercising. We got her help. Now she is a beautiful 13 year old who has left her scary past behind her. Except for one thing, she hasn't grown in a long time. She is 4'9". What will spark her growth spurt?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 06:33 AM
    I am sorry you and your daughter had to go through Anorexia, especially at such a young age.

Now, keep in mind that she is only 13, she still has a few years in which to grow. While anorexia does tend to stunt the growth because the major nutrients are left out, she still does have time.

There are not any foods that will start a growth spurt, but you may want to talk to her doctor about possibly starting some growth hormones.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Keep feeding her nutritious (not necessarily-fattening foods). She may have reduced the capacity for her long bones to grow to the fullest potential if she had not had anorexia, but this effect could be minimised by keeping her diet enriched with as many healthy foodstuffs as you can get into her.

P.S. being tall is not the be all and end all-it's great she did so well (and you too) for conquering this debilitating illness.

Best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GROW hair DamN IT! Grow! [ 15 Answers ]

My hair length is about 1 inch long, I cut it about 2 years ago and continued to about every month, now I haven't cut or dyed my hair in about 2 months and it has not grown at all. I want it to grow!! What can I do, use, or whatever to get this growth process started!thanks

How do you get these to grow in? [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth haven't grown in and its been about 5 months since I lost them. I am 15, and I was supposed to lose these when I was 11. I am freaking out! Is there any possible way that I can like make them grow in? I have never had this problem before.

Will I grow any more? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if I will grow anymore I am 18 female I am 5'5. My mom is 5'6 and my dad is 6'1 and my younger sister is about 5'8. I know nutrition effects growth I had an eating diorder since I was 14 and I have been a vegitariean since I was like 5 or 6. I do try to eat more now. So is there...

Will I grow more? [ 3 Answers ]

I play baseball and have been for 12 years. Im 16 years old. My dad is 5'10 or 5'11 And My mom is 5'3". I am currently 5'9 and would like to know if I can grow anymore. I want to be at least 5'10" and My moms side of the family is somewhat short, but I have no clue about my Dads' because he was...

When will 30 yr old Grow UP? [ 12 Answers ]

My 30 year old daughter is emotionally a teenager. She blames me for most of her problems that she deals with. Her teen years were horrible for all of us. We as a family went to counseling to help us over come some of the problems. It helped for a while but then everything seemed to get stuck...

View more questions Search