Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ihaveaquery Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Money bond for employment!
    Hi,
    I am processing H1B through a consultancy and they are asking me to sign a document which says
    • 1 year contract
    • 10,000USD money bond in case of breaching the 1 year contract.

I would like to know the legal validity of such a contract in United States. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Rgds!!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 08:52 PM
    It is legal so I would carefully think this through before signing.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Mar 26, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Take the contract to an attorney, but my guess that if the contract calls for a bond, and I guess it does since you mentioned it, then don't sign the contract unless you can provide them with $10,000.00. Also I would find out exactly when my money will be returned after the contract ends, i.e. 7 das, 30 days, one year, etc. If you do not wish to post the money, you might consider asking if they would accept a corporate surety bond for $10,000.00. If they will accept the surety bond issued by an insurance/surety company, then your very difficult task will then be to locate a surety willing to issue such a bond. Depending on the terms of the contract and your fiancial wherewithall, it may be easy to find a surety willing or it may be very difficult. Have a copy of your contract ready to submit to the surety for their review.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amide bond (peptide bond) [ 3 Answers ]

hello ever1 I don't know much about chemistry, so hlp me with this is amide bond (peptide bond), balanced chemical equation?

James bond [ 4 Answers ]

What are the various james bond actors.

View more questions Search