Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nubian princess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Hiring good people
    How does one increase the number of acceptable job applicants in a dry cleaning company for instance?
    Plis tel me any recruiting strategies that you know
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Well, usually money talks. Offer to pay more than the competition, or have some other benefits besides just salary that make your place the "better" job.

You could also go "shop" other dry cleaners and when you receive good service from someone tell them that you'd be very interested in talking to them about coming to work for you. (Might make your competitors mad, but lots of industries use this strategy.)
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Aug 19, 2008, 01:31 PM
    You want to spend the money in your help wanted ad to make your requirements clear, like stating how much if any experience you require, what sort of training or experience you expect them to have, how many years of school and or diploma you want, maybe state the number of hours you offer or the hours they will be expected to give, like are you open on weekends, on Sundays, late night hours. Maybe state no phone calls, apply in person or something just to weed out uncooperative people or those who can't read and follow directions!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Several things, first of course you need to pay above average wages for the area, if a person can make more money doing the fries at Wendy's then you are not going to have top notch people. Also benefits are important to many.

And advertise where more skilled people live and look. And have specific standards, and do very complete background checks, find out what type of employee they were at where they used to work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did god make some people ugly and others good looking [ 30 Answers ]

I'm just so mad at everything all my friends are pretty and I'm the only ugly one around everyone tells me that I look ugly... even a person who I though was my friend said I was ugly I don't know why some people are born gorgeous... and others are born so ugly do you choose to be what you look...

What is this? (these people are getting so good!) [ 21 Answers ]

Man... you guys are guessing these left and right!! I got to up my game... not sure how. Hope this one keeps you afloat while I go search for the hardest one. 11261

Good people are those who suffer the most.why? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend works with ten colleagues, they are all nice people but there is a particular person who in these last 5 years she hated my boyfriend for no reason, all you see in her is evil. She even reported her own colleague friends so she will look perfect to her boss. She was married for two...

Codalax is it good for old people? [ 2 Answers ]

My old grandmother is very ill and bed-ridden since last month. She is 84 years old. Lately she has been having constipation problems and my mother wants to buy something called Codalax for this problem. Her friend has told her about this medicine. It is not available in any pharmacies in our...

View more questions Search