Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkirik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Hiring someone with a F1 or F2 visa
    If I hire someone with a F1 or F2 visa to work as our nanny... what are the tax rules? Do I pay taxes on her? Does she pay taxes?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 13, 2008, 09:37 AM
    If you hire someone on a F-1 or F-2 visa to work, they are violating the provisions of their visa which prohibits them from working without authorization in a field NOT related to their field of study (for the F-1 visa holder).

That said, if you employed them anyway, they WOULD be liable for all of the taxes that a U.S. citizen would be liable for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of Hiring Someone to Paint [ 24 Answers ]

We are in the process of redecorating our family room, and two bedrooms. We have asked for estimates to paint these 3 rooms. The rooms are 12X18.5, 12X17 and the 3rd room is 12X14. Also there is a small foyer along with a short hallway. We are providing all the paint. We received one quote of...

Hiring a felon [ 6 Answers ]

In the state of Virginia, is there a tax break for hiring a felon?

Hiring Probability [ 5 Answers ]

Question: Of 64 qualified applicants for job classification B, 16 have long hair. In the past the agency hired 8 positions. If the agency hired without regard to hair length, what is the probability of hiring 7 people with long hair out of the eight new hires? Would you say that the agency...

Hiring without being bonded [ 2 Answers ]

Can a business that needs to have it's employees bonded to enter customer's home, legally hire someone who has not been bonded? I stupidly signed a contract with a business before they had all my information - insurance, registration, background check- and decided the job was not for me. They are...

View more questions Search