Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adischey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Statute of Limitations
    In Nov. 2003 I was fired from my job of 5+ years for making a few judgment calls that came back to haunt me. I worked in a Walgreens and was a unofficial manager of the photo area. By unofficial I mean I filled in when the manager was gone did orders, made decisions, and kept the place going because the real manager did a poor job.
    I was helping an elderly couple that previously dropped off a large order. I came to find out the order was printed on the wrong size of paper. They asked me to redo all of them, and there were a lot! I asked if I just gave them $1 off each package if that would be OK to not redo them. They agreed but were obviously not completely happy... then the gentlemen came back an hour later and wanted to know if he could pick them up now since they were done and they lived out of town. They were not due until the next day in the afternoon and we are not supposed to sell them the same day. So I told him to write a check and I would send it through the register the next day since they were already unhappy about earlier... so I did, but somehow it got back to loss prevention and I was grilled about a few other incidents, that were common practice among ALL the employees, including the asst. managers. I had printed pictures, took them home to show my family, but left the empty envelopes at work and paid for them the same week. This incident was months before nov! The manager and loss prevention checked out my story and said they were satisfied that I paid for the pictures, but the manager said she had to let me go since she could not trust me anymore! If that wasn't bad enough I had an absolute spotless record and was known for working whenever needed, I just didn't like the general manager, and obviously she knew it! Well cutting to the chase... for the past 4 years I have gotten letters from a law firm demanding I pay them $400 dollars for shoplifting or they "possibly will precede with the case against me." There has never been a case, just threatening letters. I haven't gotten a letter for over a year, and I used to get them every 6 months. My question is, will I continue to be harassed for the rest of my life about something that never happened?? Is there a statute of limitations on shoplifting in NE?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adischey
    Is there a statute of limitations on shoplifting in NE?
    Hello ad:

Yes. It's probably a year but I didn't look it up.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of Limitations [ 6 Answers ]

Hi: I used to live in Canada. I left my husband as he was an alcoholic and he maxed out our joint credit cards. He passed away in July 1999. I haven't been in Canada since October 2000. I remarried and now live in the US. Is it safe to say that the Stature of Limitations has run out on...

Statute of limitations [ 3 Answers ]

I failed to appear for driving without insurance 5 years ago I was wondering if enough time goes by will it disappear? I live in Ontario Canada

NJ Statute of Limitations [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise if you know how to locate the Statute of Limitation on the filing of a complaint or suite for a Notary Affidavit regarding the responsibility of the Notary error.

Statute of Limitations [ 1 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on debt in Ontario, Canada? After 17 years, I have a lawyer looking for payment on the probating of my father's will and transfer of his real estate to my name. He forgot to bill for it back then. I forgot about it myself until I went to sell my house and found...

View more questions Search