Babysitting jobs for 11-12 yr olds?

Asked Oct 31, 2011, 09:01 AM 15 Answers
    Hiya, my name is Casey. I'm just coming up 12, am looking for a babysitting job, but I can't find one.

I can cook, clean, make tea, make baby bottles, change nappies and that sort of stuff. I am very responsible and safe. I also know a lot about how to cope in a danger! If you could help in any way or help me find a job? Taa

Last edited by Wondergirl; Oct 31, 2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Edited for texting.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 35,061, Reputation: 5106
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

#2

Oct 31, 2011, 09:08 AM

Since this is a worldwide Q&A site (and I suspect you don't have the money to fly to Asia to babysit), talk with your mum about people in your neighborhood who may need your help with their children. Perhaps someone your mum knows would pay you a bit to be at home with her while she does her own stuff and you play with and read to her small children (mother's helper).

Have you had any babysitting classes or experience with younger sibs?
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,513, Reputation: 4591

#3

Oct 31, 2011, 09:24 AM
    The "mother's helper" idea is very good. Also, I notice you advised someone else how to find a babysitting job. Have you followed your own advice?
    caseymay99's Avatar
    caseymay99 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#4

Oct 31, 2011, 02:18 PM
    Yes I have but you need to contact a local red cross place and since my dad dose not agree with me getting a job at my age but my family need the monney so me and my big sister are getting one she has one already
    JudyKayTee's Avatar

#5

Oct 31, 2011, 02:48 PM
    You don't need his permission or consent to take the classes. In my area the public library offers "baby sitting/child care" classes. Congratulations on assisting your family. Many, many people your age would not be as responsible as you are. That alone makes you a good employee.

I am not suggesting that you defy your Dad. Can you talk to him about the classes?
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

#6

Oct 31, 2011, 02:59 PM

Those classes will help you be a good mom someday too.
    karissa.elise's Avatar
    karissa.elise Posts: 99, Reputation: -4

#7

Nov 18, 2011, 02:24 PM
    There is a site called care.com you might have to 18 to sign up but you can look into it. It lets you looks at people who are looking for helpers or babysitters
    JudyKayTee's Avatar

#8

Nov 19, 2011, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by karissa.elise View Post
    there is a site called care.com you might have to 18 to sign up but you can look into it. it lets you looks at people who are looking for helpers or babysitters

You DO have to be 18 AND it involves signing up, providing somewhat personal info to a website. The person asking the question is 11 or 12. This is a dangerous thing for her to do, particularly if she signs up without parental consent.

Please check the facts before you post "... you might ..." answers.
    karissa.elise's Avatar
    karissa.elise Posts: 99, Reputation: -4

#9

Nov 20, 2011, 07:18 AM
    I wasn't saying she should sign up without personal consent. And I think this site has far more things that and 11 or 12 year old shouldn't be seeing.
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 36,740, Reputation: 5277

#10

Nov 20, 2011, 07:24 AM

I wasnt saying she should sign up without personal consent. and i think this site has far more things that and 11 or 12 year old shouldnt be seeing.
    No, she was saying that because you have to be 18 to sign up and that it has media that a 12 year old shouldn't be viewing.

Babysitting jobs for 11 year olds that pay? [ 4 Answers ]

Babysitting jobs for an 11 year old girl that pays

Babysitting jobs that a 11 year old can do? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My daughter got her babysitting license last year and is looking for a babysitting job she is 11 years old and is very responsible for her age and love children. But we would need to try to get a job around Blohm Drive if that is possible. Please help! Thank you

Babysitting jobs [ 2 Answers ]

What s a good way to get a baby sitting job? I would like you two right me an ad or tell me what is good information to include in my babysitting ad?

Jobs for 13 yr. Olds [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I'm trying to find a job with the highest money benefit... or a list of some good ones. Or other things I can do over the summertime... I am pretty interested in pet sitting, grooming, & walking included etc. But Also for that how much should I charge for how long? What times should I...

Babysitting and other jobs [ 10 Answers ]

How would you make an ad for babysitting, animal caring , car washing,l house and pet sitting and gardening If you need a person for one of these jobs contact me:) at