Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justlearnin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Reverse direction of ceiling fan?
    I need to bring the heat down from my second floor home to the first. I have been told to reverse the ceiling fans. Do the blades go clockwise or counter clockwise as you are looking up at them? Thanks in advance.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2009, 09:58 AM
    "Most" (note the word most) ceiling fans are going counter clockwise when they are operating to push air downward. Look at the pitch of the blade. The leading edge is opposite the direction of air flow.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 10:06 PM

Where is the fan located?

USUALLY I recommend keeping the fan in downdraft (CCW) and just running it on low in the winter.

Frequently asked ceiling fan questions - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan, reverse blade w/ no reverse on remote [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a house and 1 fan is in reverse. I can't find a switch on the fan and there's no reverse on the remote. This is a Hampton Bay fan. The remote says it's model: UC7083T. I also thought there must be a trick with the remote.

How do I reverse ceiling fan direction? [ 18 Answers ]

We moved into our home that already had a very nice Hampton Bay ceiling fan installed, but we have no instruction manual... It is a model that has a remote control, with an up light, down light and lo-med-high settings for the fan. However, we have noticed that the way the fan is blowing (counter...

Reverse direction on Hampton Bay fans with remotes [ 3 Answers ]

I have moved into a home with two Hampton Bay fans installed in a 20 foot ceiling. The fans are copper in color and have thermostat lights on the top and bottom. The remote is UC7080T. All the fan speeds and lights work fine but I cannot figure out how to reverse the fan direction for the winter...

Reverse direction of an electric motor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. can anyone tell me how to reverse the rotation of an electric motor.. 1hp- 240 volt -7 amp -phase 1- class e- pole 2- rpm3000- heat 60c.. hope someone can help.. thanks krujane

Reverse blade direction [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan without a manual. The remote control does not have a reverse button and the fan housing does not have a reverse swith. How do I reverse the blade direction?

View more questions Search