Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silent Breeze Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Jun 21, 2008, 03:49 AM
    The Necklace
    It has been so long since I last posted but I was going through my exams, so I’m sorry. But PLEASE take the time to read this and I will be VERY grateful! :)
    Anyway, the same guy I posted about a number of times earlier (a guy who used to like me so so much became close to my friend and started ignoring me terribly and doing every special thing he used to do to me to her) anyway, on the last day of school he asked to talk to me privately. We started walking and he told me he may leave school as well since I told most of my friends I was leaving school and the country but I guess that’s not happening anymore. Anyway, he told me that I had always been special to him, that I had always been different, that even though our other friends are nice and stuff he always believed I was different and when he talked about his problems I truly listen and truly care about him. Then he gave me a necklace and asked me to always wear it and remember him by it.
    As he was talking I was so shocked I couldn’t say anything since everything I believed wasn’t true he was confessing that it was. I thought I wasn’t special to him and that he doesn’t really care. Anyway, a tragedy happened, one of his relatives died and we couldn’t continue our talk, I gave his best friend a bracelet (one of the ones I always wear and make) and asked him to give it to him when he is feeling better.
    Here’s the catch, since then he didn’t call me, he didn’t ask for my number, and he is calling that same “friend” three times a day or such, as she is telling me. Why?
    I met him at our friends graduation in school, he said hi and hugged me like everyone else nothing special, but when we all sat in our seats, he was treating me LESS than NORMAL! Then when I asked if he had gotten the bracelet he said yeah, but when I checked his wrists he wasn’t wearing it and was wearing however two others! (My friends have been nagging me to make them such bracelets but I haven’t had the time and I chose to give one I made for myself to him and he doesn’t wear it?! )
    What does it mean he was treating me so badly? Plus he was treating another girl like she was sent from heaven though he hasn’t talked to her in ages! He sounds like a player maybe, but he is playing with “my” heart! I was finally done with him now I can't help but wonder what he means?!

Thank you for reading... Please reply! :D
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 04:54 AM
    I think he likes to talk to a lot of girls, and he may think he means what he says, but I would take it to heart. I also think you cared a lot more than he did, and got disappointed, when he didn't work out as you hoped.

Glad your over him though.

Jun 21, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I think he likes to talk to a lot of girls, and he may think he means what he says, but I would take it to heart. I also think you cared a lot more than he did, and got disappointed, when he didn't work out as you hoped.

Glad your over him though.
    Thank you for replying. Everything you said is true, I really was disappointed. But if I am over him, why can’t I help thinking and wondering what he meant by acting in such a way? I “was” over him, but after the goodbye I couldn’t stop thinking about him and wore the necklace all the time.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 06:17 AM
    I think you are reading too much into things. It sounds to me like he decided he only wanted to be friends and nothing more when he started ignoring you. Maybe he felt you were getting too serious too fast and he didn't know how to tell you.
    He probably does care but looks at you more like 'sister' whereas you took it to mean potential bf/gf and that may have scared him off. He waited until the last day of school to tell you he will always care for you.
    That sounds more like a since we are going our own separate ways and I will always have a place in my heart speech than a let's get back together thing.
    Just because he doesn't wear the bracelet doesn't mean it isn't special to him.
    He could have it in a place at home where he keeps anything special to him.
    I don't know how you can get him back in your life since it seems like that is not what he wants.
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 06:41 AM
    I guess the necklace works as it certainly keeping him on your mind, isn't it. Maybe putting it away would be for the best.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Yeah get a little box and call it your special memory box and put it in there along with things like old concert stubs and special things that remind you of special people and special places and events.

Jun 21, 2008, 01:59 PM
    You're post Nohelpforyou was eye opening in a way. It is like Like he wanted to show his emotions on the last day so its like it'll be a forever goodbye. Like he can tell me what he feels and not see me again like in old dramatic movies?

About showing him my emotions I was EXTRA careful not to. I am someone who may be crashing and burning down inside, but will never, ever let the ones on the outside know, and those who know are ones I choose to show or tell them, and he never knew.
    I was acting the same way he acted with me, whatever he showed me I showed him, I tried to show him I was always on his level and maybe a little less.

Talenman: about wearing the necklace you are also right. I will put it away. But I don't know why whenever I go someplace and feel like I may have a slight chance of seeing him, I wear it, just in case, though he didn't bother to wear the bracelet. Maybe I am reading into things way too much. But I can't help but wonder if at a certain time he wanted to be something and I ignored the signs afraid to be “reading way too much” into things.

As I said, I just wish I could know what he meant and why he did so. Don't I have the right to have expected a more welcoming or loving meeting after saying I was special to him and always was?

Thank you both for taking the time to post!
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Don't I have the right to have expected a more welcoming or loving meeting after saying I was special to him and always was?
    Something tells me he did the best he could, and that may be all there is.

Jun 22, 2008, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Something tells me he did the best he could, and that may be all there is.
    I don't think so... since I was the last one he thought to say hi to, I got a simple hug one like he gave any other girl and sat as far as possible from me and made no conversation what-so-ever as if he never knew me... see my point? I don't know. The thing is I am planning a trip to the amuzment park with my friends and to be honest it is going to be so bad if he and his crazy best friend weren't there. The thing I may haven't mentioned is that we are all one group of friends. We always sit together and laugh together, but our relationship is strange because since we are so close is school why don't we talk on the phone? Anyway, should I call him OR his friend and invite them? Another problem is I can't find a girl to get the courage to call them instead of me. :( :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me anything about this necklace? [ 1 Answers ]

I was out with my metal detector and found a broken necklace buried a few inches down under some grass. It is broken but seems to be a non tarnishing silver color metal, with a lot of little keys and a lot of little heart shaped locks all of them different and old fashioned looking. Anyone ever see...

Marking K18 on necklace [ 1 Answers ]

What does the stamp K18 stand for on a necklace?

Appropriate necklace? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a good friend who passed away recently who lived through the Holocaust and I was wondering if it would be appropriate for me to wear a Star of David necklace to remember her? She was very dear to me and has gotten me very interested in converting to Judaism though I think by most standards...

Perl necklace [ 3 Answers ]

I was given a perl necklace but it is broken And I want to fix it but I can't get the thread out it looks like that there is a knot or something on the thread in the perl How do I get the perls off thr thread? Please help

Yazzie Necklace [ 1 Answers ]

I would like some information on a necklace, it has "YAZZIE" stamped on the back on the pendant. It looks to be sterling and coral chocker with a coral stone of an odd shape set in sterling.

View more questions Search