Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sibeal Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 12:33 AM
    How do I convince my mom to let me get my tongue pierced?
    Hey.I want to get my tongue pierced but my mom won't let me... my dad would let me but he won't take me cause it would make my mom mad.. how could I convince my mom to let me get it done?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 01:56 AM
    How old are you? What country do you live in? Why do you want your tongue pierced?

Dec 31, 2007, 02:00 AM
    I am 15... live in canada... and I just like piercings... I already have 9
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 02:19 AM
    Hmmm, piercings are cool, so are tatoos. Some of it is permanent, some not. Your mom may be afraid of the tongue piercing because of someone she knows, or has heard about who had a bad experience. If she knows about your other piercings, do research. Find out everything there is to know about tongue piercing. Then, sit down with her and tell her that you're willing to wait until you are of age. Then tell her that you want to do it now, with her consent. Find out what it is about piercing a tongue that makes her uncomfortable. Then, you and your mom will be talking to one another and not putting dad in the middle. You can always pierce something else now, and have the tongue done when you're older.

Dec 31, 2007, 02:50 AM
    I have googled tongue piercings... and I have a friend who has it done... ive tried talking to my mom about it but she just changes the subject...
    Malu Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sibeal
    hey.i want to get my tounge pierced but my mom wont let me...my dad would let me but he wont take me cause it would make my mom mad..how could i convince my mom to let me get it done?
    My niece swallowed hers and the doctors had to open her up to remove the tong piercings pearl that put wholes in her stomach. Now with 20 stichs on her stomach she can't wear her bikini because of the scar. Think twice before you decide to get one done. Ear or other external parts of your body OK, but the tongue I don't think so. Your mom many have heard from someone about what I am talking about. The choice is your after you are 18 you are on your own.
    Ron1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sibeal
    hey.i want to get my tounge pierced but my mom wont let me...my dad would let me but he wont take me cause it would make my mom mad..how could i convince my mom to let me get it done?
    Why would you want to in the first place?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 06:00 PM
    If your mom does not want you to have it done, don't push the subject. All you will do is make her mad, and she more than likely still won't let you do it. So she'll be mad, and you still won't have your piercing. That doesn't sound like much of a deal to me.

There are limits as to what age you can get piercings and tattoos for a reason. Most young people are not mature enough to make a real decision on whether they want it or not. They see their friends with it, so they must have it as well, not realizing that these things require real responsibility.

Wait until you are of legal age to get this piercing if you cannot get parental consent. It will give you more time to think about it and make sure you really want it. I know piercings are not forever, but if you don't take care of them, scarring is forever. So really think about the potential dangers, scarring, and anything else that may happen when you get a piercing, then when you are of age, decide whether you want it.
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Jan 2, 2008, 11:40 PM
    People that I have known that have gotten their tongue pierced was for sexual reasons, maybe your mom is worried that that is what you want it for.
    ilaeew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 01:10 PM
    I really want to get my tongue peirce but I'm scared of the risks that is putting my mum more off the idea what should I do??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince my mom to let me to get my tongue pierced. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my mom said that I can get my tongue pierced when I turn 16. But I want to get it done for my 14 birthday in four months. I have spent hours On the internet researching about pros and cons, possible outcomes, what do look for in a shop and piercer, and aftercare. I also have read MILLIONS of...

Should I get my tongue pierced [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I want my tongue pierced on my 16th birthday which is in two weeks Will it hurt if I have it done? My pain threshold is quite good

Wer can I get my tongue pierced at 14 [ 6 Answers ]

Eloo I want ma tongue dun but I dno wer you can get it dun in london at the age of 14 because everywer I go you got to be 18:mad: n ma dad don't really want me getting it dun but how can I persuade him to let me get it dun because I don't want to get it dun behind his bak xxx

Just got my tongue peirced [ 3 Answers ]

Okayy so I just got my tongue peirced. I didn't really hurt, its just that its really really annoying to talk. Plus I haven't eaten in two days. When is my tongue going to stop swelling? Also around the bottom ball, there's a little white goey stuff that I just take off with a q tip. Does that...

View more questions Search