Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surfluver1212 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Sod addiction
    OK so due to my acne I decided to give up soda!I am addicted to soda. I can easily drink 3 a day <diet> well I haven given it up for a wile. But I feel completely different w/o it!I feel lik ! I just feel so week !I don't want to ever drink soda again but I might have to because I never feel this way w/ soda ! Any suggestions?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 04:33 PM
    You probably just are not used to having low blood sugar. If you drink juice instead of pop, it's less bad for you.. but you may still go through caffeine withdraw, which will go away after a while, it did for me when I gave up pop.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Okay, you drink diet right? Remember that diet soda contains aspertame. Aspertame has been used as a rat killer. Does that want to make you stop? If not, it should.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 07:30 PM
    UGH, diet soda also contains chemicals that can cause cancer. NOT GOOD.
    Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Let me tell you though that what we eat/drink has very little to do with acne. Ask your mom and/or dad if they had acne growing up. Heredity is everything!
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
    That's true, too, I drank soda growing up and had very little acne, but sometimes a little, and when I gave it up, nothing really changed. I still had a little acne, as does everyone pretty much.
    Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 07:48 PM
    It used to be thought that chocolate was a cause of acne, but that has since been unfounded, chocolate is actually an antioxidant (dark chocolate) and can actually be healthy for us to a certain extent.
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Nov 13, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Okay, you drink diet right? Remember that diet soda contains aspertame. Aspertame has been used as a rat killer. Does that wanna make you stop? If not, it should.
    Woooaaa... all I ever drink is diet soda. Like 5 cans of diet mountain dew a day... seriously. Mmmm... I love that yummy rat poison :)

I drink soda all the time and I have a little acne. I went on a water diet type thing for a couple of weeks, but nothing changed. Still had bumps on my chin. I've recently gone to the doctor and got prescription benzoyl peroxide, and that's helping a lot. Now its almost completely gone, yay!

But try cutting back on like, greasy foods. Do you go to fast food places a lot? I've heard french fries are horrible for your skin. I don't think soda is causing too much damage, but mabe other stuff you eat.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 13, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Whenever you eliminate something from your diet that you are used to having, it may take a little while to get used to it. Make sure you are drinking enough water, and try substituting juice, milk, or decaf tea for sodas. Get the juices that have real juice in them- some of them have so much corn syrups and sugars that you wouldn't even believe it! If you are in sports or anything, make sure that you are washing all your makeup off before practice. Sweating with makeup on can cause major breakouts, as I found out in high school right before school pictures. :) One thing that I use for acne, and I know this will sound silly, but I take a little bit of baking soda and gently scrub my face with it. My grandma told me that when I was a teenager, and it seems to work for me. It dries out the acne that is there, too. I don't know if that works for everyone or not. If you have really dry or sensitive skin, you might not want to use it. If you have any sores from messing with the acne, go easy on it because the salt in it will get in there and burn. Hope this helps!
    mwilliams15 Posts: 172, Reputation: 24

Nov 13, 2007, 02:02 PM
    My anatomy teacher told us that drinking just 3 cans of pop a week can cut 7 years off your life.. I gave up pop for about a year.. then recently I started drinking it again and if I don't have a pop in the morning I feel completely out of it lol.. its hard to give up something your so used to.. you will get through it though. If you have to, try drinking the least amount you can in a day. Say you can't go a day without 5 cans. Try going a week with only 4 cans.. gradually keep cutting down your intake.. it helped me.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mwilliams15
    My anatomy teacher told us that drinking just 3 cans of pop a week can cut 7 years off of your life.. I gave up pop for about a year.. then recently i started drinking it again and if i dont have a pop in the morning i feel completely out of it lol.. its hard to give up something your so used to.. you will get through it though. If you have to, try drinking the least amount you can in a day. Say you can't go a day without 5 cans. Try going a week with only 4 cans.. gradually keep cutting down your intake.. it helped me.
    Great statistics! Interesting, I have a Dip. Human Anatomy and I have never heard of that one-where is this written down-I'd love to see the actual report.

How about not drinking any flavoured fizzy drink at all- how about a fizzy soda water or mineral water-way better for you.
    mwilliams15 Posts: 172, Reputation: 24

Nov 13, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman
    Great statistics! Interesting, I have a Dip. Human Anatomy and I have never heard of that one-where is this written down-I'd love to see the actual report.

How about not drinking any flavoured fizzy drink at all- how about a fizzy soda water or mineral water-way better for you.
    I'm not sure where he found a study on it. It was at the very beginning of the semester. I think we were discussing the heart at the time, so I don't know if it has something to do with the heart or not. I'd like to see the study too. But he seems to know everything there is to know about the human body, so I trust him on it.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Nov 13, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Pop does not cause acne.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addiction [ 25 Answers ]

Help. I just found out that my best friend as an addiction for sleeping tablets called Stilnox. She doesn't only take them to help her sleep but she takes them evey day soon after she awakes. She takes about 5 a day. I keep trying to her she don't need them but she is adamant she does and can't...

Pot addiction [ 4 Answers ]

I'm addicted to pot. I have been for about two years now. I don't feel like it interferes with my life too much and that's probably why I have so much trouble quitting. I get board and fatigued and it seems like an easy solution. Is there any tips for quitting. I know I am capable of it but...

Not an addiction ? But? [ 7 Answers ]

Well, this isn't really an addiction question but it seems like it kind of fell into this group. I was just wondering does anyone know how long after you take a pain pill it takes to get into your system where it would show up on a drug test. I have a prescription for Lortab and I took it the other...

Fear of addiction [ 28 Answers ]

OK this isn't so much about addiction but the fear of a close friend of mine getting addicted (more then a friend actually... long story and we may be going out) to cocain and or E. it started like 2 days ago she told me she wants to do coke which scares me allot I've trayed to explain to her not...

Sod for newly cleared yard [ 5 Answers ]

Just had some land cleared-about 1/2 acre-stumps removed, graded level. I want to put sod in this area any suggestions before I invest time and money.

View more questions Search