Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Christianity as view by others
    Firmbeliever asked an interesting question about how non-Muslims viewed Islam. How about a question asking non-Christians how they view Christianity?

Non-Christians, how do you view Christianity?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Fragmented.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 11:37 AM
    A simple question requests that a respondent make more than a one sentence wise crack for an answer, in other words, actually know something about the topic!

So, I guess you're taking a pass on answering this question?? :D
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Ok, I'll stay out of your thread.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 12:35 PM
    I believe Christians and muslims will join forces when Jesus(alaihi salaam) descends to earth.
    I wait for this day as eagerly as I think most Christians do.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Christianity has so many sects and people believing such a wide range of things about it, I don't think it's possible to give a singular answer. I have encountered loving, accepting, well-intentioned, tolerant christians, and I have encountered christians who are the exact opposite. So when someone tells me they are a christian, I wait to see what else they have to say, and what their actions say about them before passing judgement. And yes, I judge. I'm not a christian, I'm allowed! :)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux

Non-Christians, how do you view Christianity?
    Like all other religions just another set of rules telling people how to live their lives
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Apparently, non-Christians have little interest in thinking about Christianity!

IN my opinion, I think they should in view of the situation in American politics and "leadership" in the last 8 years. :)
    p3nn Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2007, 01:19 AM
    I see Christianity today as the very thing Christ warns against in the Bible, i.e. the house divided against itself. With some 700+ sects many of which claim to be the true path whilst denouncing the others it would appear this way. Also I see the teachings as greatly misunderstood by the institutions claiming to teach in Christs name. Also I don't see the texts as literal history, rather something akin to the Aesops fables for Hellenized Jews of the time, i.e. symbolic stories meant to teach non literal truths or spiritual (of the rational mind) truths

Dec 31, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Apparently, non-Christians have little interest in thinking about Christianity!

IN my opinion, I think they should in view of the situation in American politics and "leadership" in the last 8 years. :)
    Alas true. Some of the greatest evils have been done in the name of God

Dec 31, 2007, 01:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear
    like all other religions just another set of rules telling people how to live their lives
    I understand this to not be the original intent. But like any good system there will arise someone to abuse it or use it the way it wasn't intended. Like using a screw driver as a murder weapon instead of as a tool for construction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christianity [ 19 Answers ]

How has Christianity, a faith based on the teachings of one text (the Bible), divided into so many denominations?

Re. Christianity [ 3 Answers ]

What is the effect of occultism and blood shedding to christianity? What are the manisfestation of these to the family nowaday? And how will you cut this cycle?:)

Can this be reconciled with Christianity? [ 5 Answers ]

The murder trial of a Georgia couple accused of whipping, confining and then beating their son to death shines a spotlight on the child discipline practices of a controversial Brentwood church. Josef Smith, 8, died in 2003 on the day he was whipped with foot-long glue sticks, locked in a closet...

Different Types of Christianity? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have any idea where I will be able to find a simple chart or table of some kind to see exactly what the differences are between the various types of Christianity, including Baptist, Evangelical, Methodist, Orthodox etc. I am a Christian but am intrigued as to see the exact...

View more questions Search