Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Niamh-x Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 05:12 PM
    A muslim's view on Catholicism?
    I am a 14 year old Catholic and in school at this moment in time we're learning about the Islamic faith. I have my views on the religion and I must say, I do highly respect Muslims - even if that does sound like a slight generalisation. Sadly enough though, I live in quite a tight community and go to a Catholic school so I do not know any Muslims personally, but I would love to know what a Muslim's view on my own religion would be, if they could some it up in a few sentences or so.
    Please do not be put off by my age, I'd really like to hear your honest opinion, plus I'm told I have intelligence beyond my fourteen years, lol.
    Thanks for taking your time to read this and I look forward to reading any replies =] x
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2008, 12:47 PM
    NiamH,
    Thank you for asking.
    In short,
    Muslims believe in Jesus(alihi salaam) being born of a miracle birth,and that he ascended to Heaven and that he will descend during the end times to establish the truth and abolish falsehood.
    Muslims do not believe in the trinity nor the cruxifiction of Jesus(alaihi salaam) and we do not worship Mary(May Allah be pleased with her),or Jesus(alaihi salaam) or any other humans.

I know you asked for a few sentences as an answer,but as there is a whole chapter in the Quran named after Mary (May Allah be pleased with her)and Jesus(alaihi salaam) is mentioned in the Quran many times,it takes longer than a few sentences to answer your question in full.
    Here is some reading material for you.
    Mary in the Quran

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catholicism? Meaning? [ 4 Answers ]

If I was to ask give me a summary of what the catholic church is about and why I should choose it over any other religion what would you say?

RCIA, learning catholicism want to be baptised [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am interested in catholicism. I am not christened or baptised, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with being baptised as an adult, and if so what the process of the RCIA is like, and how long it takes, etc Thank you Jojo

Christianity as view by others [ 10 Answers ]

Firmbeliever asked an interesting question about how non-Muslims viewed Islam. How about a question asking non-Christians how they view Christianity? Non-Christians, how do you view Christianity?

Studying Catholicism [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend is Catholic. I was never raised with a religion. My boyfriend is very serious about his religion, he doesn't mind I don't have a religion which I am thankful for. But I wanted to start studying the religion to see if I have the same beliefs as him. He said he would teach me...

What's your view on forgiveness [ 10 Answers ]

I was reading this quote from self improvement with 18 Personal development programs., can you forgive others? How do we forgive when we’re angry and hurt? As a first step, we can be willing to truly feel our anger and hurt. Honouring our feelings by being fully present with them helps to...

View more questions Search