Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahmed1963 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Wireless connection
    Hi guyes this is my first time I need some help
    I have a desktop connect to a sdl wireless router working fine and laptop connected by wierless also working fine.
    My q is? Is there a way I can acsess the desktop pcs file from my laptop or if I want to print something from my laptop to the printer connect to the desktop PC?

Waiting you answers
    Best regards
    Ali
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jan 30, 2007, 10:28 PM
    If both of the systems are connected to the same wireless router then you should be able to access resources (files) between the same way you would if they were wired. You still need to make sure that these two machines have the proper permission to access each other's resources.

Jan 31, 2007, 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cajalat
    If both of the systems are connected to the same wireless router then you should be able to access resources (files) between the same way you would if they were wired. You still need to make sure that these two machines have the proper permission to access each other's resources.
    Hi thanks for your reply

But I have one wired and one wirless if posible to share files sa workgroup, I try that but no cucsess?
    Thanks
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jan 31, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Ah OK... I misread your original post and thought both were wireless.
    I have a hunch as to what's going on and it maybe related to how your wireless router is behaving and assigning IP's to wired vs. wireless and whether it allows communication between wired and wireless.

What type of wireless router do you have? (make/model). Also have you tried to use the IP address directly of each device to see if you can connect to them from one another?

Jan 31, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cajalat
    Ah ok...I misread your original post and thought both were wireless.
    I have a hunch as to what's going on and it maybe related to how your wireless router is behaving and assigning IP's to wired vs. wireless and whether or not it allows communication between wired and wireless.

What type of wireless router do you have? (make/model). Also have you tried to use the IP address directly of each device to see if you can connect to them from one another?
    Hi again I surprise for your qualification.
    Any way thanks again for your reply I will anwer you when I go back home.
    I have another qustion for you please:

If there is abuilding of four floors and there are about 15 flats and I will do wirless connection so can all the flats can use it what is the best way to do it (wireless not wired)
    And what best devices can I use
    Waiting your reply best regards
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Wireless, even the laters 802.11N spec has a limited range. Running it through 4 floors would probably require repeaters. You would be better off contracting with the carrier to wire the building (is it already wired for cable TV?). Also, if you tried reselling the service without the carrier's permission, you could be in big trouble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I want to set up a wireless connection for my main computer and two laptops and a possible second desk top computer, what equipment do I need to complete this task. I have Tiscali broadband Thanks Ronald 002

Re wireless connection [ 8 Answers ]

Hi can anybody help me I was bought higrade laptop for christmas bought a wireless network adapter it says that laptop is connected but not receiving or sending packages thanxs in advance

Wireless connection [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering buying notebook that has wireless capability. The problem is my old 7 year old computer. The router I was considering has a larger telephone connection than my DSL ordinary telephone size connection. Would an adaptor solve the problem and what is required after plugging in?

Wireless Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I’m using Windows XP and I’m trying to connect to a Linksys wireless router (connection at 54Mbs). I keep on getting this error message (exclamation mark in a yellow triangle) that says “Limited Connectivity) Can anyone tell me all of the possible symptoms, cause, or problems and offer possible...

Wireless connection? [ 4 Answers ]

Before I got my laptop reformatted the wireless connection on it was working fine. It works fine everywhere else but at my friend's house. I can pick up her wireless connection, the signal is very good, but for some reason I can't browse the internet. I tried repairing the connection but I get a...

View more questions Search