Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irmanand Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 11:08 PM
    Webs server with two nic ip and single nameserver work?
    We have register name serve ns1.dahod.com at now working
    In ip :64.92.111.151 in webserver now I want to add second nic in
    Webserver with second isp ip address now my question it should be possible
    That ns1.dahod.com register in ip 64.92.111.151 and I add another ip to same nameserver
    Either I should register ns1.dahod.com to both ip address in registrar or it is working directly
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

May 30, 2008, 08:56 AM
    I do not totally understand your question but here are some possibilities for you:

You usually do not want to register the same host name to two different IP addresses. This would be used for a load balanced cluster.

You can add a second NIC with a different IP or you can add two IP addresses to the same NIC.

You can have multiple virtual web sites on the same machine. Each site can be distinguished with a different IP address or a different Host Header name. Sometimes both are required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single mom wanting to work, and take care of baby at home [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! My name is Elizabeth. I am 24 years old and recently have become a mother! I have been working in the customer service industry since I was 16 years old. I started in retail and currently work in a ticketing office. I work one on one in person with clients, as well as working with them over...

Webs on shrubs [ 1 Answers ]

Something is making webs on our shrubs. There are several of these webs, and when I knock them down, they reappear by the next day. I don't think it's bag worms because I've seen those before and these look different. I don't see any bugs or spiders on them. I'm always afraid to put chemicals...

How to make Cleints server from Main server? [ 3 Answers ]

I am having Internet connection at one computer and I want to share the internet with other computers. Will that is possible the same connection is used with other 4 to 5 computers or at least one computer.

Spider webs/varicose veins [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I know someone who have spider webs and varicose veins. Is there a non surgical way of removing it? Thanks!

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

View more questions Search