Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimjangbingbang Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Connectivity problems non-wireless
    I have been freaking out I can't figure this out. I have two computers that connect in to a network hub an then in to my cable modem yeah. One computer works and the other says something like connectivity limited or something. The ed up part is even if I just plug the other computer right in to the modem it still says the same thing can anyone please help me I have been trying to figure this out for about 3 days now I don't understand! Is there something I'm overlooking?

I tried renewing my IP address but some stupid error came up an I called my internet comcast anthey were no help an wasted 2 hours of my life telling me to unplug an plug it back in an all this crazyness can someone HELP! Pleas!!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Try this, on one not working
    Click on tools, internet options, connections tab and then click on LAN settings
    Uncheck everything and click OK, try to get online again
    rawsushi Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2008, 08:44 PM
    Provide me more information. It'll make it easier if you give me the following info about each computer:
    PC name
    OS type

Then on each one, assuming they are a Windows OS:
    1. press the WINDOWS key and the letter R
    2. type "CMD" and press enter (don't type the quotation marks)
    3. type "ipconfig /all" and press enter
    4. tell me if the line that says "DHCP enabled" says "yes"
    5. tell me what is in the line that says " IP Address"

Have you logged into your cable modem and made sure that it is set up with DHCP enabled for the LAN?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Connectivity big problems! [ 6 Answers ]

I will try and be as detailed as possible. My computer spontaneously shut off. Almost like a power outage localized to my computer. I have it on a surge protector / battery back-up so I am hoping it didn't damage my computer. After this happened I was unable to connect to the internet. I...

No connectivity to wireless router from laptop. [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop computer is not able to connect to my Netgear router. My desk top computer is connected fine to the router. The laptop computer has connected with the Netgear router in the past. I have unplugged the modem and router and shut down the laptop and desk top several times with no success.

Limited or no wireless connectivity [ 6 Answers ]

Today I bought a new Asus wireless LAN PCI adapter for my desktop computer. I installed the software and hardware for it and found it all to be working out correctly, the program was telling me I had connected to my BT Home-Hub router and had full signal strength, however the windows networking...

Limited or no connectivity problems [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: When I try to hook up cable internet to my computer it says "limited or no connectivity problems". I try to renew my IP but after a couple minutes I can't for some reason. I don't use a router... just straight from my modem. What should I do?

View more questions Search