Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    retiredmarine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Connection problems
    Sometimes when I get on the web I get a message that states there is no connection, I currently have cable high speed connection but no dial up connection as the warning advises, is there any way I can correct this problem. Redirect to cable connection or ?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 17, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Assuming you're running Windows and Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections Tab and confirm "Dial whenever a network connection is not present" is selected if dialup connections are listed in the top box. Or, delete any dialup connections listed if that accurately reflects your setup.

Your post didn't include the exact message you're getting. Another different type of connection message occurs when the network cable is disconnected or the network port is damaged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Browser Connection Problems [ 6 Answers ]

This is my first time in the forum, so I will post as much info as I can. Basically, I am unable to connect to the internet with either IE or Firefox. The connection had been working great for 2 years until 3 days ago. I have Verizon Fios, I called Verizon, they checked my connection and said...

Connection problems with AOL 9.0 [ 9 Answers ]

I can't seem to get help from AOL with my problem. Maybe someone else has had this problems with AOL that them might offer a solution. I installed a new edition of Norton Anti-virus on my Gateway desktop. I tried to make a connection with my AOL ver 9.0 and the modem kept dropping and I wasn't...

Internet explorer connection problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Was wondering if someone with knowledge of IE could help out. Problem: unable to connect to www using IE7 even though I am 'connected'. I am able to connect to MSN to check emails and also update windows and other programs such as Norton live update but as soon as I try and open a web page I...

This is very odd. Looking into my ASDL Connection problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted on here before about an intermittent connection I'm using a neat gear router with two hardwired computers connected All computers lost connection, most the time the router didn't actually get disconnected, but I lost connection on the PC but sometimes it fully lost connection and...

View more questions Search