Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

May 16, 2008, 10:56 AM
    All my online games won't connect?
    Iam running window xp and for some reason every games I try to run doesn't connect and I tried to download and install the games again it still says the same not connect to the internet, however my internet works just fine I can download and surf internet. And also I try just to make sure I tried updating my InstallShield it just say you are not connected to internet. So mostly every programs that needs update cannot connect. Iam not sure if its antivirus program that I run but I turn it all off and its still have it... this happen after I used XP Repair Pro 2007.. I am thinking I deleted something but don't know what. Anybody can help on this problem?

Thanks
    VB_2008 Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

May 16, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Click Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Click on Restore my computer to an earlier time then click next

If you remember on which date you used XP Repair Pro 2007, click on that date and then keep clicking next... wait till the restore process ends and try connecting, updating... if you do not remember the date, keep clicking on the dates till you find something about XP Repair Pro 2007 and then click next...

If this fails, run an online virus scan, here's bitdefender website:
    BitDefender Online Scanner - Free Online Virus Scan

May 16, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by VB_2008
    Click Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Click on Restore my computer to an earlier time then click next

if you remember on which date you used XP Repair Pro 2007, click on that date and then keep clicking next... wait till the restore process ends and try connecting, updating... if you do not remember the date, keep clicking on the dates till you find something about XP Repair Pro 2007 and then click next...

if this fails, run an online virus scan, here's bitdefender website:
    BitDefender Online Scanner - Free Online Virus Scan
    I tried the system restore back to the earliest day and last month but after it finish then I restart the computer it just says System Restore incomplete... also I think I remember I deleted something in run : regedit but I am sure its not important items :confused:

So is there any other ways to get all my games and computer update running except renew the whole computer :)

Thanks a lot

May 17, 2008, 03:35 AM
    Regedit.exe is missing... then restore failure cannot be fixed using regedit... if you press F8 (once or continuously) before the welcoming screen appears... you will be able to choose "Load Last Known Good Configuration" but I'm not sure if this will work... so I think we shall leave this to a real expert here...

My last resort would be to insert the recovery CDs/Backup and restart my computer, a system recovery will run... after it finishes... I know I'll find all of my users files at C>Documents and Settings>All Users (Make sure you press R not F when you start the recovery process)...

Do not take my say on this... like I said wait for an expert's opinion... I have learnt a lot from Scleros and others...

May 17, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Regedit.exe is missing... then restore failure cannot be fixed using regedit... if you press F8 (once or continuously) before the welcoming screen appears... you will be able to choose "Load Last Known Good Configuration" but I'm not sure if this will work... so I think we shall leave this to a real expert here...

My last resort would be to insert the recovery CDs/Backup and restart my computer, a system recovery will run... after it finishes... I know I'll find all of my users files at C>Documents and Settings>All Users (Make sure you press R not F when you start the recovery process)...

Do not take my say on this... like i said wait for an expert's opinion... I have learnt a lot from Scleros and others...
    I try using a recovery cd but it says it need a admin password and I never created a password for my computer how can I know the password?
    ... this is a very weird problem I can connect to the internet but cannot connect pass the gameguards to play games...

May 18, 2008, 03:05 PM
    I still encourage you to wait for others response, or yet, even better contact Microsoft Windows XP support, you could start from here:
    Please Verify your Location

I never created a password for my computer how can I know the password?
    Perhaps Someone using\sharing your computer set an administrator password?

May 18, 2008, 03:06 PM
    For Experts:
    Here's how your problem looks like, correct me if I'm wrong…

• Online gaming platform does not seem to connect
    • Updates are failing
    • Restore is failing
    • Regedit has been deleted (by user)
    • Anonymous Administrator password has been set (not by user)

May 18, 2008, 03:09 PM
    In any case, here's what you need to do while waiting for an expert's response:

You will need to back up all of the files you need such as documents and program installation files and save them on flash memory, external hard-disk, CD or whatever external storage device you may have.

As mentioned just above, you will need to run an online virus scan or install a different antivirus software because your antivirus definitions are out-of-date due to update failure and currently your computer is exposed to even more virus and malicious attacks, uninstall your current antivirus and install this 30 days trial of kaspersky and run a virus scan:
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus free trial download

See what happens… does everything get solved?

May 19, 2008, 08:42 PM
    For Experts:
    Here's how your problem looks like, correct me if I'm wrong…

• Online gaming platform does not seem to connect
    • Updates are failing
    • Restore is failing
    • Regedit has been deleted (by user)
    • Anonymous Administrator password has been set (not by user)
    YUP looks like you have all correct also I can go on internet just cannot connect to online gaming... downloading the Kaspersky now..

May 19, 2008, 09:00 PM
    In any case, here's what you need to do while waiting for an expert's response:

You will need to back up all of the files you need such as documents and program installation files and save them on flash memory, external hard-disk, CD or whatever external storage device you may have.

As mentioned just above, you will need to run an online virus scan or install a different antivirus software because your antivirus definitions are out-of-date due to update failure and currently your computer is exposed to even more virus and malicious attacks, uninstall your current antivirus and install this 30 days trial of kaspersky and run a virus scan:
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus free trial download

See what happens… does everything get solved?
    WOW Just WOW I just deleted the Zone Alarm Pro and everything is back to normal... I didn't know Zone Alarm was creating a secrity to block all my updating things.. now its all fix I can play game... :D

Thanks a lot for you help VB if you didn't tell me to download Kaspersky they won't tell me to delete all the software..
    pimp_mah_alpaka Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Maybe.. instead of stressin out that your games aren't working, spend some time with friends, family or go to an organisation that will help you meet new people. Exercise, read a book, take a random dog for a walk! It's not the end of the world if your games aren't working.. think of it as a beginning to get fit and shape before becah season (and if your already fit and healthy- why not get out and just have fun instead! )

or speak to a professional..

May 20, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Thanks a lot for you help VB if you didn't tell me to download Kaspersky they won't tell me to delete all the software..
    Hey, this information is new to me…you figured this out, thanks for sharing…
    Glad that you're up and going... if you liked Kaspersky, I would encourage you to buy a one year licence key through the website, as soon as your 30 days trial finishes, as to keep your antivirus definitions up-to-date

May 21, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pimp_mah_alpaka
    Maybe .. instead of stressin out that your games aren't workin, spend some time with friends, family or go to an organisation that will help you meet new people. Exercise, read a book, take a random dog for a walk!! it's not the end of the world if your games aren't working.. think of it as a beginning to get fit and shape before becah season (and if your already fit and healthy- why not get out and just have fun instead!?)

or speak to a proffesional..
    Well I go out for swimming every week.. I am just wondering why my games won't run and now its fix :D and also games are FUN
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pimp_mah_alpaka
    Maybe .. instead of stressin out that your games aren't workin, spend some time with friends, family or go to an organisation that will help you meet new people. Exercise, read a book, take a random dog for a walk!! it's not the end of the world if your games aren't working.. think of it as a beginning to get fit and shape before becah season (and if your already fit and healthy- why not get out and just have fun instead!?)

or speak to a proffesional..
    I spend time with friends, family, and used to go to organizations before getting burnt out on them all, and play with my cats, I read, I walk, and have all sorts of interests.

But I'd still be upset if my games weren't working.

And you seem to be assuming that everyone who plays games is out of shape. Can I assume you're on a mission to get people to stop playing games?
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Sunny, you can also get AV programs like Avast and AVG for free. And these have worked fine for a lot of people without paying yearly subscription fees.

May 26, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300
    Sunny, you can also get AV programs like Avast and AVG for free. And these have worked fine for a lot of people without paying yearly subscription fees.
    Can you give me a site so I can try out those programs..

Thanks
    Uber Member

May 26, 2008, 11:12 PM
    avast! Virus Cleaner - free virus removal tool

AVG Free - Download AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition for Windows XP and Vista

Both also have a pay version, so just make sure you get the free ones. I use Avast myself and have never tried AVG, but I know a lot of people do and like it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online PC games [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any site that I can play Harvest Moon Back to Nature from my PC?

Lag on online games [ 3 Answers ]

Whenever I play online games I lag. My internet seems fine and is fast. I have tried everything Disk clean up Disk defragmentation virus checks Turning off firewall What is wrong and how can I fix it

Online games [ 2 Answers ]

What are some good online games to play? If they are free please provide links. Thank you

How to make online games [ 1 Answers ]

I was wandering how to make a free online game

Free online multiplayer games [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a free online multiplayer game. Please no text based games, nothing that I have to download and most of all FREE!! Thanks:)

View more questions Search