Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ggatiss Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2003, 11:14 AM
    Outlook Links not Working
    For some reason I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook. When I click on the link in a message in Outlook, nothing happens. If you know how to fix this or where I can go for help, I would appreciate your assistance!

cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2003, 08:52 AM
    Are you using outlook or outlook express?

Jul 3, 2003, 05:28 PM
    Outlook (not express)

Jul 7, 2003, 09:55 AM
    Ko go to tools - options - mail format and make sure html is selected.

Jul 7, 2003, 05:16 PM
    HTML is (and was) selected

Jul 8, 2003, 11:03 AM
    Sometime this can also be caused by the installation and uninstall of another browser such as Netscape.
    jwc43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ggatiss
    For some reason I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook. When I click on the link in a message in Outlook, nothing happens. If you know how to fix this or where I can go for help, I would appreciate your assistance!!
    I found that if you downloaded a windows update # xp kb911567 this is your problem just go to start - settings - control panel - add/remove programs and remove that program you should be all set I found this fix at Microsoft support
    anagai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 09:59 AM
    If your able to click on a link then it is already set to view html. Make sure that you have a browser set as default. Whatever browser you have make sure one of them is set as default, otherwise when you click on a link in a outlook email it won't find a browser to open up into.
    FBarcenas II Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Comment on cyrus's post
    I try it and it works!
    Captain Arnold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 11:26 AM
    For some reason I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook. When I click on the link in a message in Outlook, nothing happens. If you know how to fix this or where I can go for help, I would appreciate your assistance!
    lamom02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    sometime this can also be caused by the installation and uninstall of another browser such as Netscape.  In Windows 9x / Me Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs, and make sure the "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser" checkbox is checked. This setting can be done in the Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in tools, Internet Options
    I have Vista and this worked for me! Thanks!!
    jmt0806 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 10:38 AM

Hi, I have this same problem and nothing I have tried has worked. The links are clicked in Outlook (and Word) and nothing happens. No errors or anything.

IE 6 SP2 with Outlook 2007

Tried:

-Reinstalling IE 6
    -Reinstalling SP2
    -Reinstalling Office 2007
    -Setting IE as default
    -Running iexplore.exe /rereg
    -Running the various regsvr32 commands for IE
    -Unchecking DDE under URL:HTTP in Folder Options
    -Setting Firefox as default browser

This is driving me crazy. Does anyone have a fix that works for this issue?

Thanks
    ML22_5_60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 10:59 AM
    I had this problem and cured it by adding the Opera browser setting it as the default application then opening and closing it, then opening IE8 and resetting it as the default application my Outlook 2010 links then worked as normal.
    I did then removed Opera from my laptop only to find the same disabled link issue returned so you must leave both on your computer, I cannot explain the reason why but it works, I hope this helps as I have suffered this aggravation for a while now, good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Links [ 3 Answers ]

My computer has stopped responding when I click on a link or on a "click here for further info". I can sometimes go to the linked website by copying the link to the address line. This is a recent development as I have always been able to use all links. I'm using Win98 second addition with MS...

Outlook Express6.0 Q823353 Compose Mail Not Working [ 3 Answers ]

I Cannot Reply Any Email. I Cannot Compose New Email.it Says Error. I Tried To Reinstall Outlook EXPRES But It Doesn't Work. I Cannot Uninstall Outlook Express. It Donot Say Any Error No Any Body Know How To Solve This Problem. I Have A Licencesed Windows2000 And Ms Office Xp.

Internet Explore Links Not Working [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems with my IE. When I click on a link that requires a new window to be opened, it will not open. It will only show the toolbars and the outline of the window. I have removed a pop-up blocker that was installed a while back and have uninstalled my Google toolbar. I even...

Can't open Outlook links-just installed router [ 2 Answers ]

After putting a Linksys router on my LAN, I cannot open Outlook links on the PC which has the Linksys software installed. The other PC that does not have the Linksys software installed has no problem opening the Outlook links. Has anybody else had this problem - or can help me solve this? Thanks.

View more questions Search