Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fredo3000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Computer reboot after heavy graphic processing
    Hi guys,

This question probably had been ask lots of times. Ive been search and found some of the same questions but not the same scenario.

I just finished upgrading my PC that I used for high performance games, just added 2GB of dual channel DDR400 memory in it and after 2 o 3 minutes playing, lets say Doom3 or Call of Duty to the computer will reboot automatically without notice and no logs on the Event viewer. I was thinking about not enough power to fulfill the PC needs,.

The PC specs are
    Abit IC7-G motherboard
    Pentium 4 3.4 HT
    2 GB DDR400 RAM
    Geforce 512MB 7300GT
    160GB SATA Disc

Not sure about how many watts the power supply is...
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Is you RAM error checking RAM? Also have you overclocked this system?
    fredo3000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    Is you RAM error checking RAM? Also have you overclocked this system?
    I just found the problem, but a new one had come up. The Cpu was overheating and this caused the automatic rebooting of the PC.

The new problem is that I removed the heat sink to clean the fan and the sink. And I think the thermal paste was removed. Now the CPU won't get lower than 100Celsius.

Will putting back the thermal paste will resolve my problem? I hope

Help me guys.
    Megalomaniac Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 03:21 AM
    You most certainly want to replace the thermal compound as soon as humanly possible! It's like running your car with no coolant in the radiator. It's extremely dangerous. The reboots are your computers last resort to cool the CPU before failure.

You can purchase good thermal compound from sites like NewEgg.com that come with detailed instructions on how to clean the heatsink and CPU die properly and apply the compound to be as efficient as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wipe out my computer and reboot. [ 5 Answers ]

So as of two days ago I have a couple diff viruses. I need to know how to wipe out my computer and just redue the entire thing. My computer came preinstalled, and I have no disks to go along with it. I have emachines, Windows XP. Is there anyway that someone can help me?

How do I reboot my computer and start frest as though it was a new computer [ 17 Answers ]

My computer is very slow I want to reboot it from the start

Computer auto reboot once it enters windows [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a Compaq Presario 5900T with Windows 98. Last week my computer suddenly started to reboot by itself. It happens all the time. First after running 5-10 minutes and since yesterday, directly after the start-up procedure has ended. The computer works fine in safe mode. There are no...

Graphic Program Slows Computer [ 6 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP with 1 GB RAM but when I close down a graphics program after using it, I find the computer runs very slowly and I must reboot before I can continue to use it? Is there some work that has been stored during the operation of the graphics program that I can clear out so I...

View more questions Search