Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jodijulian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2005, 02:51 PM
    I cannot open internet explorer
    For some reason, I cannot log on to Internet explorer... the screen pops up but the connecting to site 127 etc... wont let me log on... I can log on to my AOL acct... but when I go to sites that require IE... it won't let me log on... Help :confused:
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jun 20, 2005, 01:39 AM
    Internet Explorer
    Check all your settings.Go to Tools,and Internet Options.Check your security settings.Then look at Privacy.Make sure the slider is'nt set all the way.Medium High will be fine.Check your Block Pop-up settings.Make sure it's checked,but have a look at the settings button to the right of the page.You only need it set on medium.Then check your Connections setting.If you have Broadband,make sure the "Never dial a connection" button is marked.If you have dial-up,make sure the "Always dial my default connection" is checked.At the start of the Internet Options screen,what is your Home Page settings? Make sure it's a sensible URL,and not gobble-de-gook scribblings.Then press apply.

I don't use Internet Explorer as my main browser,only to update Windows.Consider using Firefox as your main browser,as it's a small install,reliable,and good at security.If you read the postings on this site about IE,you will see all the problems that a lot of people have with it.Bloat,and security being just two.Firefox can be downloaded from www.download.com just go to browsers.Or www.majorgeeks.com and again look for browsers down the left side of the page.

All the best,
    Nez.

Just a footnote,if your using XP,do you have administrator rights to change settings? If not,get permission,or ask the administrator to change your log in settings.Also,with IE,I don't let Windows automaticaly update,via the little yellow logo on the bottom right of the screen.I always check the Microsoft site first.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2005, 04:17 AM
    Are you connected to AOL when you try to open the IE pages or are you just loading up IE without AOL?
    nikita_1361 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 01:54 AM
    Hi , I can't open my internet explore , please help me ! And Yahoo mass anger not open , heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't open internet explorer [ 4 Answers ]

In Windows 98SE with IE 6.0 SP1, I cannot open Internet Explorer. I have tried the OS' "Repair IE" tool; downloaded and ran IEfix, uninstalled IE 6.0 SP1, redownloaded and reinstalled it with no improvement. I have ran Hijack This and submitted the log to knowledgeable techs who found no problem...

I can't open 'Internet Explorer', 'My Computer' or 'My Folders' [ 2 Answers ]

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 8:28:39 PM, on 6/6/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes: D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe D:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe...

Open Internet explorer in new window? [ 5 Answers ]

Please help! I have figured out how to do just about everything I want except open a new window when I click on a link. I have windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 2. I can not figure this out :eek: anyone know how?

Can't open my Internet Explorer [ 5 Answers ]

Something happened to my PC a few days ago... now I can't open my internet explorer and everything that uses IE like My computer, Windows explorer etc etc... would not open and they crash my computer... There is a small box that pops up occasionally that says that there is a problem with internet...

Internet Explorer could not open search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this dirty message "Internet Explorer could not open search page", I am really pissed of with this message, Can anyone help me please Thanks well in advance Andy

View more questions Search