Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anayden Posts: 67, Reputation: 19

Apr 29, 2007, 04:20 PM
    POtty Training Dolls
    Have anyone tried Potty Training Dolls, and if you have, did they work for you? How did you go about using it with your child? How old did you start potty training.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 29, 2007, 04:35 PM
    I have 2 children, none of whom I used a potty training doll on, but all 4 of them were started after their second birthday. My youngest, who is now 5, was not even ready until he was 3. At that time he pretty much trained himself.

Our children will tell us when they are ready to potty train. They have to learn the "feeling" of having to go first. They need to understand what it feels like to have a full bladder or full bowel and the consequences afterward. Until that time our insistence is fruitless and can cause them to have a harder time training.
    persainpapaya Posts: 58, Reputation: 21

May 8, 2007, 11:41 AM
    It sounds like J_9 and I have the same theories. I never push my kids to potty train. One thing that I do use is many different books about going on the potty. I frequently read the books with the child when it is getting close to time for them to be potty trained. We talk about it. We discuss it in a positive light. Never... "oh, so & so uses the potty like a big boy, not you, though". When they are ready, and they do go on the potty for the first time. I practically form a conga line dancing through my house and singing! Positive reinforcement, baby!! Good luck.
    Anayden Posts: 67, Reputation: 19

May 9, 2007, 01:33 PM
    I don't force her though. She wants to go. She sits on the potty when she goes, she just doesn't take off her diaper. I think its because when she was about 15-16mths I taught her not to take off her diaper cause she would go around in the stores trying to take off her diaper and pants and walk around the stores, so now I think she is scared to take it off cause I told her it's a no no.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I would graduate up to pull-ups or training pants. SHe will get it. She may need something that makes her feel wet when she goes in her pants.
    I have actually never heard of the dolls. We started at 18 mo. - we introduced the potty, per our dr. we kept it in her bathroom and it sat there. When she turned 2 we actively started trying again. For the first week she had NO accidents - I thought - MY KID IS A GENIUS! One week and she is done. The day after - she totally stopped going to the potty.
    We tried again at 2 1/2 - she got it - she did still wet at night. We finally got off pull-ups at four.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 03:35 PM
    I was never an advocate of the pull-ups until I had my youngest son. Now I adore them. They are great in that they make the kiddos feel big by wearing "pants" but also allow for the occasional accident.
    tinkerpan Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 08:01 PM
    I have seen this doll . They make a boy and girl. It is recommended by dr. phil. But don't quote me on that.
    The doll will potty when you press ontthe stomach or bladder. The n you do the same withyour child's full bladder and thatis what I heard worwks. I am about to start my son on potty traingin . He shows signs of wanting to go. Like the pullingof his diaper and taking it off when too wet. He has gone up to the pooty and then I realized he was tryingtotell me he was making a poop.
    My friend had the girl version of this doll and it did leak. That is my only problem with the doll.
    I owned a toy store and saw the dol introduced and it has a book that also works with it. It cost arodn 42.00 for the doll.
    Tink

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What about potty training? [ 9 Answers ]

My 5 1/2 yr old ADHD and bipolar granddaughter is not potty trained yet. It does not bother her to "sit in it" even to the point of making her bottom bleed. She will go potty if reminded but my mess herself 10 minutes later. We are at our wits ends! Anyone? Please? :confused:

Potty Training [ 3 Answers ]

Why is there a myth that girls are easier to potty train than boys?:)

Potty training [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how I can start potty training my 20 month old daughter I Need help with it she will sit down with a diaper on and say potty but then I will take off her diaper and she won't go its getting frustrated what can I do

Potty training [ 10 Answers ]

My son is almost 3 and we have been potty training for about a year when he is with his father or his grandparents he will potty on the toilet no problem but when he is with me he won't. Sometimes when I put him on the toilet he will go but other times he won't or he will throw a fit and then he...

Potty training [ 1 Answers ]

I got my miniature dashun in the winter. When I got home the dog did have some accidents on the carpet then we tried bringing her outside and she would do her bussines outside sometimes. Then when it got really cold she stopped and we got the puppy training pads. Until now she knew that she had to...

View more questions Search