Ask
    Maid Marian Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 04:58 PM
    What is sheetrock? What is blockfiller?
    What is sheetrock? What is blockfiller?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 18, 2007, 09:28 AM
    The blockfiller is a primer made for new sheetrock. Sheetrock is a board made of gypsum and normally coated on both sides with paper. Drywall comes in many thickness usually 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 and 3/4 in. in lengths from 8' on up.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2007, 09:41 AM
    See Bennette Paint | Primers: Acrylic Blockfiller Masonry Coating 5 Gallon

You can't always believe the first answer you find here. Block filler is just that, for on masonry walls to fill the pores before painting.

Sheet rock is another name for dry wall, also known as gypsum board. I wouldn't be surprised it it is somebody's trade name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finishing Basement - 8' or 9' Sheetrock? [ 4 Answers ]

Am taking the plunge and finishing my basement, have just started. You may see me on this board with many questions to come... First is the size of drywall to buy. My ceiling is 9' tall to the joists with at least 1' of this holding pipes, electrical, duct work, etc. Have definitely decided on...

Wonderboard or Sheetrock? [ 12 Answers ]

This is not REALLY a plumbing question, but the experts here might be able to help. My tile man has installed "waterproof" sheetrock (green) on the walls that he is about to tile in a renovated bathroom. I heard that for a bathroom, one should use WonderBoard instead, because of its superior...

Sheetrock blockfiller [ 1 Answers ]

What is sheetrock and what is blockfiller?

Sheetrock [ 3 Answers ]

What is 'fire tape'? Can 'green board' be used on ceilings? What are the various coatings on nails and screws and what are their uses?

Looking for sheetrock nails that don't rust! [ 7 Answers ]

I've installed quite a bit of sheetrock, and it seems that the nail heads always eventually rust, when located near a shower or tub. The screws do a much better job, but it sure seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to manufacture an aluminum alloy nail that would not rust. I've looked for...

View more questions Search