Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenafoon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Wallpaper removal
    I am removing old wallpaper in my kitchen. I have peeled a layer of wallpaper off & it came of easily, but I can see a faint floral pattern & am thinking this is another layer of wallpaper. When I try to remove this, I am seeing a green wall, but some of the sheet rock is peeling off too. How do I prevent this, and how come I cannot find any seams for this floral wallpaper?
    justintyme Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenafoon
    I am removing old wallpaper in my kitchen. I have peeled a layer of wallpaper off & it came of easily, but I can see a faint floral pattern & am thinking this is another layer of wallpaper. When I try to remove this, I am seeing a green wall, but some of the sheet rock is peeling off too. How do I prevent this, and how come I cannot find any seams for this floral wallpaper?
    There is a tool you can use to remove the paper that should separate the layers. It sounds as though someone put up drywall and then wallpapered over it. With no paint between, which is the norm, the wallpaper has stuck securely to the paper layer of the drywall. This tool uses steam and you can rent it from a tool rental store or you can buy one. Try it in a spot that is not very noticeable because it may not work. You may be only able to remove the first layer cleanly and paint over the floral paper or rewallpaper with something you like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wallpaper removal problems [ 2 Answers ]

The previous owners of my house wallpapered the bathroom directly on the sheetrock. I need suggestions on what to do since I can't remove all the paper without ruining the sheetrock. Should we just get the color off and texturize it them prime and paint it or does anyone have another suggestion. ...

Wallpaper removal [ 2 Answers ]

I've recently removed vinyl wallpaper from my kitchen walls. It all came off beautifully, but now the walls feel bumpy from what I assume is the glue. I've tried to wash it off, but it just feels slick and sticky and dries bumpy again. Any suggestions? grace1

Wallpaper removal quote [ 1 Answers ]

What do I charge for wallpaer removal also then she want to paint the wall dark color

Taking off wallpaper [ 2 Answers ]

I trying to take off wallpaper off on a old house,the wall is falling apart.

Wallpaper removal [ 1 Answers ]

I've already peeled the top layer of the wallpaper off and am left with the paper backing. I've tried DIF concentrate mix, letting it sit and resoak twice, I've tried the DIF gel, letting it sit and then I tried straight vinegar. Nothing seems to be easily taking the backing off, in addition...

View more questions Search