Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MilitaryMan19D30 Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Apr 9, 2007, 11:29 AM
    How-To-Install ceramic Tiling
    Looking for some advice on how to install and cut ceramic tiles. Looking for the Micky Mouse version of how to do this. :eek:
    klock Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMan19D30
    Looking for some advice on how to install and cut ceramic tiles. Looking for the Micky Mouse version of how to do this. :eek:
    I just put in about 1000 sq. ft. of ceramic tile. I have impressed contractors and professional floor people. I say that because it was so easy and it looks so good. The key is to take your time and measure carefully. Mickey Mouse is not the way to go, because if you screw up, fixing it is time consuming. I borrowed an electric wet saw for my project. Renting will be very expensive if it will take you more than a weekend. I found the same saw at Lowe's for less than $300. I would have purchased if I hadn't borrowed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceramic tiling, ceiling [ 9 Answers ]

What is the best way to install ceramic tile in a bathroom shower on the ceiling. Once you place the tiles, do they have to be supported until the thinset dries? If so, how have you done this?

Attaching ceramic corner shelf to ceramic tiles [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add a couple of ceramic shelves to my bathroom ceramic tub surround. What can you use to attach ceramic shelves to ceramic tiles? I tried the same glue used to put tiles on the drywall but they just slide. Thanks in advance!

Shower tiling [ 2 Answers ]

If I'm retiling my shower, do I have to replace the pan, or can I just rough up the shower floor tile, and tile right over. I will definitely remove the wall tile, but the pan is fine and a lot of extra work.

Tiling with No Grout [ 1 Answers ]

I have chosen pitted travertine/marble tiles, 4x4, for a kitchen backsplash. The tiles are cut such that they fit together perfectly, and because the surface is slightly "pillowed", the effect of no grout with the tiles placed side to side is absolutely stunning. My installer had me lay out a 3x6...

Tiling [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my first bathroom. I am planing on tiling the shower/tub.. my question is the transition from tile to painted wall.. with the cement backer do I butt it up to drywall? What do I do about the seam? Mud and tape?

View more questions Search