Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlwhite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Laminate wood Flooring? Which corner to start in?
    I have a question. I am about to use wood laminate on an entry way that measures 61" x62". The problem is, I don't know where to start. Should I start on the side by the front door, the corner where the walls meet or on the open side that goes into the living room?

Also, the area is a little more then 5 feet across and the boards are about 6 inches shorter then the area is wide. Can I use one solid board with a small 6 inch piece on the end or should I cut them all down. I don't know what to do since it's so close to the same width but the boards are just that much too short.

Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 12:47 PM
    When you cut 6 inches off another board you'll have 4' 6" left. You should cut half you boards in half, 2" 6" and stagger them. Start with a 4" board on the left followed by your 2' 6". Next row start with the other half of the 2' 6" board followed by a 4' 6" board. Check your installation instruction, the manufacture will give hints on where to start and the direction of the seams. You need a transition strip to break at the living room opening. I did not see the size of your board but try not to finish with a narrow board. Measure your boards and divide by your room depth. Hopefull you can finish with 3/4 of a board or more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate Wood Flooring [ 5 Answers ]

My husband just recently installed laminate wood flooring throughout the house. Can someone please recommend how to clean these floors? Some people have said just spray a little water and damp mop. Can it be cleaned with any kind of cleaner? I just bought some Murphy's Oil for wood floors but on...

Laminate flooring around a wood stove [ 2 Answers ]

We are installing laminate flooring in our home and are concerned about how to around a wood stove?? If someone knows please answer thank you:

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I am just about to lay laminate flooring in my conservatory, unfortunately the conservatory is a hexagonal shape, I was wondering how I would get straight joins on the laminate when I get to my change of angle within the conservatory, would I need to mitre the joints or measure the angle of the...

Laminate wood flooring problem [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any solutions for wood laminate flooring that has begun to raise or bubble up? What can I do?

View more questions Search