Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bartman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Chair rail moulding
    At what height do you install chair rail moulding?my walls are 8 feet high.
    wags Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Mar 30, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman
    at what height do you install chair rail moulding?my walls are 8 feet high.
    Typically chair rail is installed at approx 32". The purpose of chair rail is to protect walls from damage from chairs..duh :).. But if it is for decoration, then you can install it at whatever height you wish. About 1/3 2/3 is a good proportion. 32" is 1/3 of 8'.
    bartman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wags
    Typically chair rail is installed at approx 32". The purpose of chair rail is to protect walls from damage from chairs..duh :).. But if it is for decoration, then you can install it at whatever height you wish. About 1/3 2/3 is a good proportion. 32" is 1/3 of 8'.

THANKS I WILL SEND YOU PICS WHEN DONE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How high should a chair rail be? [ 3 Answers ]

I am thinking of adding a chair rail in my dining room, but I don't know how high it should be. Is there a standard height? Also, how do you deal with doors and larger openings without doors (like between the kitchen and dining room)? How about windows? We have standard size double hungs that...

Installing a Chair Rail with rounded corners? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new house and in case you don't know most new homes now have rounded corners. And I'm installing a chair rail in one room that has them. The chair rail I bought doesn't have the pre-made rounded corners that can be bought at Home Depot or Lowe's. So my question is how do I have a chair...

Chair rail moulding height [ 2 Answers ]

How high should chair rail moulding be mounted in the dining room ? Thanks

Chair Rail up Stairs [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to put chair rail up a stairway, but the problem is that it would interfere with The existing handrail. Which way is better - to put it above the handrail, below it, or even with it? I'm using half-round, so even with the handrail would make it tough to use the Hand rail. Also,...

Chair rail trim [ 1 Answers ]

How do I end the trim on an open corner? Straight cut or miter cut?

View more questions Search