Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jthrash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Cleaning old floor tiles to reuse
    We had a leak and had to replace the shower floor in our basement bathroom. The large floor ties had to be removed. We have this same tile throughout the bathroom and entry hall and they no longer make it so we have to clean the 17 tiles we took out. How can I clean them well enough to put them back in? :o
    EMERIL LAGASSE Posts: 101, Reputation: 4

Mar 17, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Try a razor scraper “always scrape away from yourself”
    Clean all mold and mildew
    Or find a tile with the same color tone it's the best bet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing old tiles from cement floor [ 13 Answers ]

Anybody have a secret for removing the black adhesive left on a cement floor after removing old vinyl tiles? Maybe I should be asking whether I actually need to remove the adhesive. Right now the plan is to use 12" ceramic tiles for the new floor. In fact, now that I think about it I'm...

Loud cracking noise under ceramic tiles on concrete slab floor. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Florida and my home was built in 1994. Last night I was woken up by a very loud cracking noise under my floor tiles in the laundry room off the garage. None of the tiles broke,but now when I walk on them it sounds like there is loose mortar underneath them. My question is... what...

Ceramic Tiles on a Concrete Basement Floor [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to install ceramic tiles in my basement. The floor is concrete. What do I have to do?

Old glue on floor from stick-on tiles [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I removed the old damaged stick-on tiles from my bathroom floor, and the floor is terrazzo. I do understand that this kind of floor is porous so there is going to be some difficulty in getting it clean. The glue surface left behind is rough, gritty and is holding a lot of dirt. It looks...

Floor Tiles [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My home is over 5 years old and I would like to install floor tiles, so, my question is, what do I have to do to the old concrete floor before I install the tiles. Thank you, Rhondine

View more questions Search