Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bullit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Powder room plumbing on a cement slab floor
    I want to install a powder room in my guest bedroom. I have a cement slab floor. I will be placing the toilet on an exterior wall with the main drain/sewer line about 3 feet from that exterior wall. Is there any way I can avoid having to cut a section of that slab floor in order to install the toilet? What are my options for venting? Can I vent through the outside wall, or do I have to go through the roof?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 01:14 PM
    If you are on a slb without a prior roughin I don't see how you can avoid cutting the concrete. In most areas venting through the wall is not code. If you do it anyway go through the wall and up through the eave to get above the roof line.
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 8, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit
    I want to install a powder room in my guest bedroom. I have a cement slab floor. I will be placing the toilet on an exterior wall with the main drain/sewer line about 3 feet from that exterior wall. Is there any way I can avoid having to cut a section of that slab floor in order to install the toilet? Yes, build out a bay section so you can tap into the main sewer outside and vent upward. What are my options for venting? Add cleanouts to this question also. Can I vent through the outside wall, Methane gets trapped under the eaves and can accumulate in the attic. Avoid this unless it is force air vented. or do I have to go through the roof?
    Some times its easier to add than jack hammer. Flip side is... it is exposed work that needs a permit in most local areas. :) nm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower on cement floor [ 5 Answers ]

I want to add a shower to our basement, the plumbing is not there. How do I put the shower plumbing in? Do I have to cut into the main pipe for the shower? Do I have to cut into the cement, or can the plumbing be installed above the cement? Thanks

Toilet rough in a cement slab [ 3 Answers ]

When roughing in a toilet in a cement slab do you need to leave a groove around the 4" sewer line to let the flange set tight to the cement floor? Or do you make sure the foam cap is below the cement a little when pouring?

Washing machine backed up into powder room toilet on main floor [ 2 Answers ]

I saw something similar to this problem, so I hope I am not duplicating. I was washing clothes and noticed when it was draining that I heard gurgling in my kitchen sink. The sounds were coming from the kitchen sink, but no water back up. I walked to where the washer is located and looked...

Help me put bathroom on cement slab [ 6 Answers ]

I have a cement floor and I need (have to ) to put a bathroom on it . I have been told I can build a platform and put pluming under it is it possible . I live in country so have septic tank. Thank anyone for their input it will be much appriciated.:)

Drain for shower on cement slab [ 6 Answers ]

I am replacing a shower that was installed on a cement slab. I will probably be using noble company products for the liner etc.. However I need some guidance on the install of drain system. Attached are some pictures of the existing situation... can anyone help suggest something. On some other...

View more questions Search