Ask
    sammo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Laminate flooring
    Do I need to remove the skirting boards when laying laminate flooring
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 09:49 AM
    If you mean the trim, then yes, you do. Remove it, lay the laminat up to about 1/4" from the wall (or whatever the manufacturer recommends) then put the trim back on to cover the gap.

Does that address what you're asking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate Wood Flooring [ 5 Answers ]

My husband just recently installed laminate wood flooring throughout the house. Can someone please recommend how to clean these floors? Some people have said just spray a little water and damp mop. Can it be cleaned with any kind of cleaner? I just bought some Murphy's Oil for wood floors but on...

Laminate Flooring - Stairs [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I am trying to use leftovers from my living room and do the laminate stairs. The only thing that I have a problem with are the edges. The only thing that I found available is the aluminum stair edges but the look way too ugly. Also my laminate has underlyer glued to it already so if I...

Laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a Quickstep laminate floor 4 years ago. The laminate is bubbling in several places. Quickstep has a 20 year warranty, but has denied my claim. They say I used the wrong pad under the flooring. I used the pad that was recommneded by the retailer and in the Quickstep installation...

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I have several sections of laminate flooring that have been chipped.Is there a way to replace just the damaged pieces?:confused:

Laminate flooring [ 5 Answers ]

I am considering installing laminate flooring in my house. My doubt is that we have two dogs and a cat. One of which has accidents. Is laminate flooring better in the long run than carpet, as far as the care and life?

View more questions Search