Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lost?? Posts: 234, Reputation: 7

Oct 13, 2011, 07:53 PM
    Insulate non heated basement
    I plan on redoing my non heated basement and wanted to see what the benefits of insulating vs not insulating would be. I live in the mid Atlantic region, so hot summers and cold winters. Any suggestions/responses are appreciated, thanks.
    435Studio Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Oct 21, 2011, 11:22 AM
    When you say "redoing" do you mean finishing, i.e. making it into livable space? If so you probably need to have a permit from you local gov. If so, there are code requirements for electrical, heating, plumbing, insulation, etc. that you will need to adhere to. There are a lot of threads on this site that can give you the details of what is involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to insulate pre-existing finished basement walls? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 yo home with a finished basement in upstate NY. Finished is drywall over metal studs. The walls are installed approx 10-12 inches off the concrete poured foundation. There is a drop ceiling. Before I add a heat source to the basement, I was considering insulating better. Currently...

Should I insulate around a little used fireplace chimney in heated part of house? [ 1 Answers ]

I am renovating our 3rd floor attic into heated living space. Our chimney only serves a fireplace that gets very little use, maybe 5 times a year. It has been sparged, i.e. the outside was covered with some kind of mortar by a mason. We are putting a wall around it using metal studs and blue board....

How do insulate [ 6 Answers ]

The previous owner build an addition to the house and build basement under old portion of the house only, so on the bottom of the old portion he left empty space. So it's like empty space between floor and the fundament. There is no supporting beams and the floor is allways called. How can I...

Best way to insulate my finished basement in a 3 yr old house. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm finishing my basement in my 3 year old home in Missouri. I have the framing and electrical done. I'm trying to decide on how to insulate or even whether to insulate at all. It remains a pretty constant temp. I'm concerned about moisture being trapped in the walls if I use fiberglass insulation...

View more questions Search