Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariannelisa Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 10:24 PM
    Grout Tile On Concrete
    Hello
    I Have Recently Removed Ceramic Tile From A Concrete Floor And Am Left With A Huge Mess Of Grout Absolutely Stuck To The Concrete. I Can No Longer Physically Scrape It... how Can I Remove It Without Damaging The Concrete Floor? I Want To Put Hardwood On It And Need The Surface To Be As Level As Possible.
    Thanks
    Marianne
    jadedmom Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2007, 11:03 PM
    I'm just throwing out words here, but how about a skim coating of cement to bring the floor up to the level of the grout instead of trying to take the grout off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Set Tile Grout [ 7 Answers ]

My Son-in-law Tiled His Bathroom Floor And Did Not Wash The Grout Off The Tiles When He Was Done. Consequently, It Hardened. I'm Wondering Whether There's A Solvent For This Hardened Grout. The Tiles Do Not Have A Smooth Surface, But Rather Many Small Depressions And Grooves With The Hardened Grout...

Tile grout left on wall [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to remove tile grout after removing tiles. Some of the wall paper has come off in doing this. Can I just take all the paper off the wall and replaster it using wallboard plaster. Want to paint the wall

Shower wall tile grout leaking [ 1 Answers ]

After every shower, carpet corner just outside the shower door is very wet. Shower wall is made of ceramic tile. I covered and taped the wall with large plastic. I didn't see anymore leaks. I removed the plastic and inspected the grouts and corners very closely. I don't see any cracks. Can the...

Shower floor tile and grout remain wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2 marble slate flooring. After each shower I take an area of "wet looking" tile and grout expands. I read up on it and seem to think that the drain weep holes may be clogged but my contractor doesn't think so (but hasn't checked to see which would mean taking out the...

View more questions Search