Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaron28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 01:05 PM
    Bath tub surround
    I replaced the green board around my bath tub. Do I have to paint it before I install the tub surround
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 17, 2006, 05:59 PM
    No you don't have to paint the green board. You should seal the joints with at least a tape coat of spackle.
    mookie44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 02:04 PM
    I,am installing a 5 piece tub surround and the end will is not straight so my corner piece will not fit to the wall i.ts OK at the bottom but is out at the top by 3in how do I cut this so it will fit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a new tub surround [ 7 Answers ]

We have just completely gutted our bathroom and are now in the process of piecing it back together. We have already hung the drywall (greenboard) and installed the tub and need some help with installing the tub surround. The lip of the tub is screwed to the studs and the drywall comes down...

Shower or tub surround replacement [ 5 Answers ]

Considering replacing my Bathtub/shower surround. Can anyone tell me if the drywall is going to have to go as well because of the glue which was used in order to install the thing in the first place? I'm thinking it's going to tear drywall paper on the way out? Any kind of solvent avail? Thanks

Replacing old tub surround [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there and thanks for any input on this subject. We are attempting to replace an old tub surround. Is it necessary or important to remove the old one 1st? If so, what would be the easiest way? Are there any special tricks or useful tips that would help make this job go smoothly?

Replace Sunken Tub with New Tub & Surround [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 34 year-old tiled concrete sunken roman tub that's too ratty to even think about soaking in. Besides that, the stopper's gone and the whole thing needs to be updated. It's currently being used as a step-down shower. Some dimensions: Length 57", Width 27 1/4", Depth 11"(only 6" after I...

Tub surround [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im redoing a bathroom and replacing the tub surround. The wall behind only has greenboard about 3 ft up from the tub and some of the paper came off when I took the old surround out. Do I need to cut out the dry wall and greenboard out where I put in the new surrond? Thanks

View more questions Search